2000 Crew Cab Dually “Waylon”

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That might be where I saw the numbers. I’ve got 4.10s, so I guess it’s going to struggle with my popup this summer, lol.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Unless the odometer is off, those are the numbers. I can’t be bothered to check a map for miles between fuel stops. I kept it around 65, and just enjoyed the ride...wasn’t in a rush.

Speaking of odometers, anyone got a fix out there for a stuck trip meter? Mine is caught at 1.9. It tries to roll to 2.0, but just clicks. I was thinking Escalade cluster would be the fix, but then my odometer will be off.

Odometer can be moved to the new cluster.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Nice dually!
For the 2000k IIRC chevy said 12k, may be slightly more for 2wd
This guide says 11,800 with 4.10s, 13,800 with 4.56.
http://www.trailerlife.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Trailer-Life-Towing-Guide-2000.pdf

GM's own literature contradicts itself. Owner's manual has low, generic numbers and then there is more specific guidance out there that breaks it down by cab configuration, springs, brakes, bars, etc. I'd be leary to trust anything but GM from a legal standpoint. Otherwise use you judgment, because they can always be modified to do more.

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’ve noticed that the truck has a 9 leaf pack or 7+2, idk. It’s 7 leafs and an upper and lower overload. The guy I bought it from said they used a wheel lift, so maybe they beefed it up a bit. From what I’ve read on here, they had 8 leafs, so I was thinking maybe the leaf packs were swapped from a 3500HD.

No matter how you slice it, it’s going to be way more than I think I’ll ever need.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
That's bigger than a stock 3500 leaf pack and smaller than the HD. In the middle is the chassis cab trucks, they got 2 upper overloads.

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So if that is the case, I wonder if the axle was swapped to a 4.56 at the same time. At 65mph the speedometer reads about 10mph fast. Eaton Gov-Loc doesn’t seem to be functional either, but that may just be because it’s an Eaton Gov-Loc.

The odometer seemed to match the yardsticks on the highway, but maybe this explains the skepticism on the fuel economy.

I just found this calculator. When I get home from work, I’m going to get the truck out on the highway and get to the bottom of this.

http://chevellestuff.net/tools/rpm_calculator.htm

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Never really got to the bottom of the speedo issue. The math seems to add up for RPM, and the odometer is spot on with mile markers up here. So, I guess until I can muster up an Escalade cluster, 75 indicated mph= 65 actual mph.

In scored a pretty good deal at the pick and pull. I replaced the passenger side window switch/speaker I broke, got the long Blazer console with Homelink and multi function DIC, lower valance and tow hooks, and a bunch of little **** I was able to stuff in my pockets for $45.

They’ve got a 97 with grey interior, I think I’m going to try to pull the dash out of. Mine is literally falling apart from all the FL sun.

Hopefully have the console back in and working tonight, and get some new pics up.

JackE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That color is awesome. Nice looking truck. I'm a little jealous!