2000 Crew Cab Dually “Waylon”

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I suppose it’s time for a forward progress update. For over a year, I had a nonfunctional DIC installed in my overhead console. It flickered to life once for about 30sec and never since. When I could muster the gumption, I’d check and recheck the wiring, thinking that had to be the issue. Fed up, I really tore into this past weekend. I had gotten another DIC recently and tried that one and nothing. WTF! I took apart both and there it was. GM cold soldering strikes again.

The “chip” labeled 430 in the upper right near the caps had a broken solder joint. Reflowed the soldier, and they both work now.

Note: The DIC pictured is from a short console sunroof Olds Bravada and has a separate compass module. Make sure you grab that too or the compass will not work.

You must be registered for see images attach

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Time to knock the dust off this thread. Summer has been flying by. It’s been jam packed with **** postponed from COVID last year. I haven’t had a ton of time to do things to the truck.

I put a pair of Bilsteins in the back at a campground back in July and oh my what an improvement. I replaced the TPS the other day and I believe that cured a weird off idle hesitation/stumble. The issue would only present itself once the motor was good and hot, so I believe the sensor would heat soak and fail. Bluetooth scanner was of no help there because the data stream resolution was too low, so it’s my best SWAG, based on similar issues in the past.

I grabbed a fan relay harness from a GTM800 yesterday for my S10 project, and walked away with some injectors too. I have yet to fix the intake gaskets and FPR/leaking injectors. Hot starts are becoming an issue, as is everyone bitching about the gas smell. I really need to fix that, but it snowballs quick with all the other “while I’m in there” ****.

I’m thinking I’m just going to bite the bullet and either do a cam or install a timing set to get factory cam straight up. I guess that will be determined when I pull the manifold and see what condition the cam is in, as I understand they like to wipe lobes.

Also found another water leak at my 2 year old cab lights. WTF! I guess that will need a bit of silicone to seal up.

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So the TPS I robbed from the LQ4 sitting in my Blazer seems to have 90% improved the stumbling issue I was getting once hot. I may just pull the trigger on a new one. I noticed the truck generally seems to drive a little better too I guess wonky throttle data will do that.

The front drivers caliper is sticking a bit so I got new pins for both sides up front. Be nice to pull the 5th wheel with a brake pedal that isn’t mush.