2000 Crew Cab Dually “Waylon”

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
My truck came with a similar stance, had 7 mains and a flipped lower overload. Rode like **** so I went back to stock with airbags. Post a pic of what you have there.

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’ll grab some pics tomorrow afternoon. The ride isn’t awful, but I think the frame length amplifies everything. Of course that may just be me validating my need to do the GMT900 cab mounts.

I spent a few hours this evening properly running the RCAs and 8ga power cable under the rear seat. I stole another one of Daves mods and threw in a Pioneer TS-SWX2002 8” shallow mount subwoofer and an old JL Audio 250/1 amp that I forgot I even had. I’m quite impressed. It doesn’t hit very low, but it doesn’t rattle the truck to pieces either.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I’ll grab some pics tomorrow afternoon. The ride isn’t awful, but I think the frame length amplifies everything.

Frame length should help not hinder, unless it's the flex that comes from the length. Even my RCLB bounces on rough roads... I can see it on I-69. Then I see trucks pass me on the left looking perfectly level.... not sure if it's modern boxed frames, or softer springs (I have a 1-ton) tires or what!

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
I love that color!! Kind of a shame its going to have to endure east coast winters and road salt :(

I may have missed it, but does that have the 7.4 or 5.7 in it? I was going to say 5.7 based on your mileage numbers.

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Make no mistake gentlemen, this truck will be parked during the winters!

Im only 35, I honestly don’t plan on buying another truck. This things only purpose is to tow my camper, meet my friends for coffee on Sat mornings, and make trips to Home Depot. I would be surprised if I put 4000mi a year on the truck.

I commute 100mi a day, so I’ve got a TDI Jetta for the daily duties.

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Frame length should help not hinder, unless it's the flex that comes from the length. Even my RCLB bounces on rough roads... I can see it on I-69. Then I see trucks pass me on the left looking perfectly level.... not sure if it's modern boxed frames, or softer springs (I have a 1-ton) tires or what!
To be honest, it’s probably in my head, but I swear you can feel the frame flex. Watching in the side mirror, you can see the bed moving independently from the cab over bumps. Like I said, I think I’m subconsciously justifying the GMT900 cab mounts.

I may have missed it, but does that have the 7.4 or 5.7 in it? I was going to say 5.7 based on your mileage numbers.
It’s a 454 4L80E drivetrain, with 4.10 gears.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
To be honest, it’s probably in my head, but I swear you can feel the frame flex. Watching in the side mirror, you can see the bed moving independently from the cab over bumps. Like I said, I think I’m subconsciously justifying the GMT900 cab mounts.

Yeah, I think I know what you're talking about. My truck does that too. I tend to notice my tailgate in the rear view mirror, but I was watching my box sides the other day. I'm missing one of my front bolts (it broke during removal), but it was the other side that I was seeing moving around.

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here’s a quick shot of the leaf pack.
You must be registered for see images attach

Couple pics of my sub. Never mind the filthy carpet. Its in dire need of a serious douching. I’m not even sure how someone could have gotten it so dirty under the seat.