2 door 2 wheel drive Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99kon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Picked her up Saturday
Has 2/3.5 Belltech drop
Rear rides hard very stiff. I think it has stock shocks. Front has 2" Belltech spindles and shocks. I dont know why they used new stock shocks for the back.
Wheels are AR Torque Thrust 2 18x8 front 18x9 rear
235/50 up front and 255/55 rear
Im thinking of putting the rear tire up front and getting maybe a 275 for the back

Opinions suggestions??
Previous owner gave me Belltech 2/3 coils and rear 1" drop shackles
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
I think 2 more inches of drop wouldnt hurt out back..

Tahoe Looks awesome got any plans for her?

99kon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ill see what i can get away with, without having to notch the frame. I really dont want to do that.
LS swap when this motor is to tired or hope by this time next year. Other than that just drive it. Its my daily driver.

Fredridge

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great.

My personal preference would not be to drop it more, but to get more tire under it.

99kon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know for a fact the front tire is way to small
I think ill be putting the rear tire up front and getting a bigger tire out back

What sizes are y'all running?
295??

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Good looking Tahoe!
The wheels on my '98 in the sig are 20's, but they are 255/45's & 295/40's. The rear rims are also 10" wide. Don't know if that 295 would fit properly on a 9" rim.
Right now, those wheels are on my '97, which is a 2/4 drop. Posted more than a few pix of that on the forum, but I'll post up some here if you want.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
a taller tire up front would be nice, its got too much rake in my opinion.

99kon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good looking Tahoe!
The wheels on my '98 in the sig are 20's, but they are 255/45's & 295/40's. The rear rims are also 10" wide. Don't know if that 295 would fit properly on a 9" rim.
Right now, those wheels are on my '97, which is a 2/4 drop. Posted more than a few pix of that on the forum, but I'll post up some here if you want.

Thats a 2/4 on your truck?
Looks good and it looks lower than that.
Im thinking the 295 would "bubble" out a bit. I have found that there is a 285 45 tire also for 18" wheels. AHHHH choices choices. ill have to stop by discount one of these days and have them put on a couple tires for me.
Also now that i think about it the 55 profile on the rear tire would make it a pretty tall tire for the front. I may just redo the whole thing. It will have to wait though, these are brand new tires. Ill drop it a bit more and see how she looks. I have the parts at the house.

99kon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im needing some shock extenders though!
Has anybody relocated the shocks on a 2 door before?