1999 Tahoe 4X4 - Keepin' it Clean

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Z Fury

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your dad. I lost mine in 2010 and my '98 Silverado was his that he bought new.

The Tahoe looks great man. That's the nice thing about GMT400's. They look great completely stock, lifted in the air, or lowered to the ground. What ever path you choose with it, I'm sure your dad will be looking down with a big smile on his face with a nod of approval.
My truck will remain at the stock ride height, or whatever small adjustment a fresh set of Bilstein 5100s give it. I do agree though, these trucks look great no matter what people do with them. I'm not a fan of the lowered look, but I can appreciate the look on these trucks for some reason.
Congratulations on the new baby.

Congrats on thee baby!

Thanks! I know at 37 I'm getting a late start on this "dad" thing. I honestly don't know how my parents kept their sanity! This is the hardest thing I've ever done in my life, and I've only had my daughter home for a week now. I guess that means I get to sleep again in about... 18 years, give or take.

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
My truck will remain at the stock ride height, or whatever small adjustment a fresh set of Bilstein 5100s give it. I do agree though, these trucks look great no matter what people do with them. I'm not a fan of the lowered look, but I can appreciate the look on these trucks for some reason.

Thanks! I know at 37 I'm getting a late start on this "dad" thing. I honestly don't know how my parents kept their sanity! This is the hardest thing I've ever done in my life, and I've only had my daughter home for a week now. I guess that means I get to sleep again in about... 18 years, give or take.

Eventually, you'll wonder how you ever lived without a child(ren) - I've got 3, and I would be so bored without them around, even though they drive me crazy daily.
If I can offer some advice at all, if you want to sleep, put the baby in the bed with you. A lot of people will tell you not too, and that it'll make them dependent on it, and it's true - but if you want to sleep, PUT THE BABY IN THE BED WITH YOU.

Z Fury

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Eventually, you'll wonder how you ever lived without a child(ren) - I've got 3, and I would be so bored without them around, even though they drive me crazy daily.
If I can offer some advice at all, if you want to sleep, put the baby in the bed with you. A lot of people will tell you not too, and that it'll make them dependent on it, and it's true - but if you want to sleep, PUT THE BABY IN THE BED WITH YOU.
We currently have the kid sleeping in a bassinet in the bedroom with us, and I move the bassinet out to the living room before I leave for work so my wife can watch TV/be on the computer/etc. So far it is working well. Our kid is pretty quiet unless something is wrong, which has been awesome. She is not a fussy child at all.

Also, your truck is awesome. I know I've read through your build thread a solid 3-4 times now. Very nicely done, sir.