1999 Tahoe 4 door 2 wheel drive. Everyone meet Roosevelt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dwilliams471

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been a member for a little while now with my 1999 crew cab shorted dually that has it's own Thread. Thought it was time to give the Tahoe it's own thread as well. Some of you have seen it posted on the other thread, but thought I would document it here. The dually has now semi-retired to just hauling the other toys around, while this one hauls the kids and groceries
You must be registered for see images attach

This is now my daily driver and I must admit, I do not miss driving the newer truck over this one. It now has Bluetooth for hands-free driving to keep me legal, so whatelse does it need that the new ones have? Nothing in my opinion and has a lot more coolness than the new stuff (again, my opinion)

Picked it up from the second owner and still have all of the original paper work from the new purchase in the glove box included the window sticker. Had to make a 10 hour round trip to pick it up, but glad I did. It needs a few more maintenance items to be done to go along with the list that we have already completed. Completed list includes a new stock exhaust, plugs, distributor, wires, egr valve, master light control, and heater control unit.

Completed nice to have list includes new headunit with Bluetooth, belltech lowering kit 2/4, Voxx old school wheels 20x8 with 275/45 all the way around, new tail lights, and tinted windows all the way around.

Coming soon nice to haves list includes sound system, removing roof rack, and 295/45 on the rear.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Another 2wd 4 door!!! i have one as well, came from Texas so has ZERO rust, big deal where I am. I drove 10 hours round trip to get mine. it's not as nice as urs, but that's just cosmetic stuff. Mine is an LT, has leather interior. But the Texas heat looked like it literally melted the driver side. I bought an interior from a Z71 Tahoe, put that it, recently got an Escalade gauge cluster and center console. Needles to be tweaked, and speedo calibrated, but works and looks good. Mine is lowered close to same, got a smokin deal on a set of C5 wheels, and put 295/45 on the back, for now 255/55s up front, but eventually 275/55s. Stereo system is easy. I used a $60 Kenwood deck, cheap walmart speakers with tweaters, and sub box already had. Forgot it had crossovers, but it sounds friggin awesome. Also just realized this was my Yukon n not the Tahoe, but same difference lol. Black one is actually a Yukon...

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Looks great, I personally like the wheels you have on it. I have a friend who used to have a Burb like mine and a 2 door Scottsdale Tahoe the same color (pewter). He had Cragars or Torq Thrusts on the 2 door (don't remember which) and I liked the way it looked (different and cool). He let someone in the extended family have it and they got it all ghetto now. But it was cool when he had it because you don't see the W/T grille 2wd 2doors very often......

Last edited: