1998 2 door tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's the chime itself. It just plugs into the panel below the dash. I've wanted a different chime, but they go for big bucks on ebay now. What I did several years ago, was just taped over some of the holes so it wasn't as loud/annoying.
$15 bucks for the tool box and chime

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Yeah that's about what they should be! The box I got from LKQ, they charged it as a "Small Console" and it was $25 or something. I spent over $225 there, for headlights,the box,a single disc player and the cable for it, a slide out cupholder unit and some window switches. They won't be seeing me again....

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
mine works opposite that description, pushing it in allows them to come on when doors opened. With the button pressed out it stops courtesy lights from coming on

Mine works the way that Hotwheels said. Something is weird with your wiring or switch.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What does a door chime module do? (i am hoping you say if I find it and can pull it, the door chime will go away and nothing else affected... ;))

It also tells you if you've left the headlights on, at least it does that on my '99.

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine works the way that Hotwheels said. Something is weird with your wiring or switch.
I usually wait till i have a few things to do behind the dash before opening it up.
This should be easy to rewire if its wrong. I replaced my oem one with something from amazon. Maybe put the oem back in. Was dingy looking

Last edited:

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Took the faded and cracked pin strip off as well as the non factory Z71 decal, i dont think i will put them back on, looks much cleaner like this is think.

Clipped the wires on the back up camera to remove the lines and reverse the image, now the video feed is flickering, have a relay to install inline with the reverse lights to turn the license plate lights off when in reverse, was blinding the camera
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Scraps from escalade and denali, gonna take a third to find a lid. Just happy the top piece doesnt have the Cadillac logo, but cant complain for only $20 for the console

Attachments

• 7CC1FCFE-D1DC-4F85-BE10-DAC622EDDD09.jpeg
    7CC1FCFE-D1DC-4F85-BE10-DAC622EDDD09.jpeg
    756.4 KB · Views: 17