1997 old man truck rehab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Uncle Ben

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words. I’ll see if I can post up a few videos this summer. I’d like to take it to the track and do a few 1/4mile passes, then install the procharger and see how much it’s improved.

I also have to wire in some gauges. I got a wideband air fuel gauge, boost gauge and another gauge I can’t recall. LOL

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words. I’ll see if I can post up a few videos this summer. I’d like to take it to the track and do a few 1/4mile passes, then install the procharger and see how much it’s improved.

I also have to wire in some gauges. I got a wideband air fuel gauge, boost gauge and another gauge I can’t recall. LOL
I would like to see some time sheets before and after. Have you done anything to the rear end, and what ratio you running.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
New MPFI spider injectors installed, next fuel pump and 411ecu, then it’s pro charger time!
Let us know how you like the new injectors. Been think about replacing mine for some time now, but I just rebuilt my diff, so that is a ways down the list.

Uncle Ben

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As soon as I make a few passes I’ll post up my slips.

Not sure what rear end ratio is. I’m sure I’ll look into it when I need help hooking up, but as it stands now I don’t need any extra grip from a LSD.

After installing the injectors the truck seemed a bit quieter. Maybe slightly improved throttle response.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would put some 1/4" hardware cloth over that intercooler scoop. If it were a little more vertical I'd use some nomex honeycomb.