1997 Chevy C2500 Cheyenne

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wiscomick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You just had the wires apart, since you had the box off. Check your ground back there, and also see if you're having an issue with the boards.
I checked over the wiring in the rear, everything looks good to go. Tail lights are brand new and so are the boards. Hazards, turn signals, running lights and reverse lights all good to go. No brake lights at all, no third brake light, and no cargo lamp. WTF.

wiscomick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can't believe I haven't updated this in 10 months, but here we are. Ended up just driving it for a while and not making much progress due to moving and funds being tight for a while. Stored it outside for winter, didn't drive it in the salt but got her out a couple weeks ago now that it's at least been dry here.

You must be registered for see images attach

Added some chrome wheel trims, new front and rear Silverado trim bumpers, and a tow-hook lower valance to it. Spiced it up good enough for last year.

Next up, the lift.

wiscomick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
First thing was first though, the leaking intake gaskets. What a nightmare. One advantage the new engines have, ease of maintenance. This cluster? Not so much.

Replaced every gasket I could while in there, with a full tune-up. Truck runs like a Swiss watch. Had to buy a BAFX OBD-II reader and DashCommand to set the timing, money well spent.

wiscomick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Up to today, truck is up on stands ready for the 4" spindle lift and 2" rear blocks. Also have a set of 17" KMC XD222 beadlock wheels and 285/70R17 BFGs ready to go.

Test fitting wheel:

Old tires vs. new:

With the 4" lift and the 285's I estimate I'll get almost 8" of lift out of the combo by the time I'm done. This should be rad. Back to work!

wiscomick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got 3/4ths of the lift installed this weekend. Rear is completely done, and the left hand spindle is on. Going to tackle the rest tonight. A quick sneak peek of the rear:

wiscomick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also, since Photobucket ***** my pictures in this thread and the forum won't allow edits, I decided to make an Instagram for the truck. Feel free to throw me a follow if you like, and drop yours for a follow. Yes, I'm mad about the pictures lol. All that work and documenting gone.

matad311

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Damn that’s a good looking wheel dude! Should look good on that truck once you get that lift on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk