1997 Chevy C2500 Cheyenne

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
not sure is if it work, but have you thought about using the frame plastics from the bucket seats? if it would work, it would be the correct blue while giving a finished look. meanwhile, it wouldn't matter if the frame is off a shade

wiscomick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
not sure is if it work, but have you thought about using the frame plastics from the bucket seats? if it would work, it would be the correct blue.
I did! Unfortunately they weren't the same dimensions, so they went with the old seat.

wiscomick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've been looking since last October. They're out there, just have to be patient.

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
a 93 burban had come into the j/y last fall, it was totaled because it needed a 3/4 nose. Other than that, this thing was mint. the owners took really good care of it. I left @ 3pm Sat (they closed @ 4pm), went on Sun 8am when they opened to get the seats. Some tool destroyed everything. broke the door panels, smashed the cluster & switches, seats full of greasy foot & hand prints. Damn animals.

wiscomick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Test fit the seat over the weekend and still didn't like how high it sat. Asked around on here for some ideas and was given the name of a guy on instagram that had lowered his bench. Completed his mods successfully last night and today. Only thing I didn't like about his setup was the back corner treatment that he had. Changed that up a bit with some of the removed steel and made it a little cleaner.

Before and after cut:

You must be registered for see images

Booger welds complete.

Booger welds ground down:

Roughed in corner treatment:

Prepped and ready for filler and paint:

All in all, a massively successful one-ish day project. I'll go over a couple of the crappy grinds with a little spot putty or filler primer tonight and paint them tomorrow. Should turn out great. Onward and downward!

wiscomick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Couple pics of the test fit on the seat. Can't believe how much of a difference this made. It's fantastic.

This is the way it should have been OEM, in my opinion. Paint is drying now.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Couple pics of the test fit on the seat. Can't believe how much of a difference this made. It's fantastic.

This is the way it should have been OEM, in my opinion. Paint is drying now.

Interesting... I don't think I have any more room under the transmission tunnel than you do. I have a 60/40 split bench.

Cheap Heap

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That seat is super nice, wish I could find a grey one for my 93' in that condition. A seat like that goes for $500 on ebay all day, you got a steal for $75.