1996 LS400 “build”

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I'd hang on to that LS400 until the 3500 is sorted. As I told my kids, you need a good daily driver to get you to your job, and then you can have a project vehicle to play around with.
Yup.... that's why so many of us have extra trucks, or a vehicle to DD while we're getting the trucks up to regular use.

HeavyAsAChevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd hang on to that LS400 until the 3500 is sorted. As I told my kids, you need a good daily driver to get you to your job, and then you can have a project vehicle to play around with.
I at least don’t have to drive to my job, I work from my house with lawn care and we have a lot of vehicles.

HeavyAsAChevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That looks kinda familiar.....it already has PY0s on it! Interesting that the rear wheel wells have the flares but not the front, maybe the bed was swapped? Looks like a good hauler though once the inside is sorted out.
Next week mine is going to a good shop, that can do proper diagnostics on a Chevy. Would've gotten him over there this week, but too many other things needed doing too. Hopefully it's brakes and not transmission problems but we shall see....
The bed was replaced with a bed from a 4x4. I personally like the flares on it. If I can get the truck, there will be a 4x4 SAS somewhere in its future.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
That sounds cool! A one ton like that, would be a beast for sure! Just need some room to turn it around....
With mine, we have learned what drive throughs are safe, and parking lot with pull thru spaces are a must.

Attachments

• IMG_20220716_154430~2.jpg
    IMG_20220716_154430~2.jpg
    425.3 KB · Views: 7

HeavyAsAChevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well guys. Unfortunately, that deal just didn’t work out. But I’m going to be needing a truck and I have a future sister-in-law who will buy the Lexus for $6500. So I’m on the hunt for one. I’ve been looking into the 6.5TD………

I KNOW WHAT YALL ARE GONNA SAY, BUT HEAR ME OUT.

I’ve found one that’s a 1996 250,000k miles, 5spd, extended cab, long bed, 4x4, straight body, aftermarket wheels, exhaust, and idk what else. I figure that if I could get it for close to $4k, I’d have enough left over to play around with to get those necessary upgrades done(PMD, Injection Pump, and whatever else it needs)

Please share your thoughts.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the 6.5s have their place. Do all the upgrades and don't plan on towing fast. Put a good stereo in it because you'll be towing low and slow and getting good fuel mileage.

HeavyAsAChevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’ve heard that there are two different blocks on these engines. One was good and was was bad. Does anyone know what the difference is, what years they were, and why they were bad?

HeavyAsAChevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Got my eye on this. Sister-in-law SHOULD be buying my car in the next few weeks, being a 6.5TD it should still be up. Idk though. Mileage isn’t bad, automatic, 4x4. Basically what I’m looking for.