1996 LS400 “build”

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HeavyAsAChevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I picked up this 1996 Lexus LS400 with a 4.0L V8 and automatic transmission. It had 86,500k miles when I bought it a week and a half ago, it’s now got 87,050ish.
I paid $3k for it from a retired air force general. The leather seats were not in good shape and were crunchy from being sun baked. I have since bought a replacement back bench and backrest and installed it along with some leather covers that the guy had in a box in the car.

It is big far the nicest driving car I’ve driven (yes, I’m still in my teens, but I still have driven a bunch of different cars, mostly trucks. I’ve got a big family:) ) it’s got the old style center console phone in it, which is absolutely awesome! It has great acceleration and braking, independent rear suspension, ride height, etc.

Things I’ve done:
-new GT Radials all the way around
-new to me back bench
-pumped out power steering pump and put in proper fluid(atf dextron 3 )

Things I need to do:
-air filter
-catalytic converter(bank 2)
-All 4 shocks( 2 rear shocks are $260 :| )
-cleaner front and rear seats(The leather on my passenger is unrepairable and the driver side has huge rips)
-take carpet out and pressure wash and super clean it
-get some quality floor mats
-new speakers and head unit
-new ac control panel

I also had a cat get in the car and screw up my steering wheel and door panel, pictures will be included.
You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• 5C3CC659-627A-41A2-AE0D-01B0CED3A64B.jpeg
    5C3CC659-627A-41A2-AE0D-01B0CED3A64B.jpeg
    450.5 KB · Views: 17
  • 488F971B-149F-4508-B634-5D5C28A1AECC.jpeg
    488F971B-149F-4508-B634-5D5C28A1AECC.jpeg
    330.3 KB · Views: 15

HeavyAsAChevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

HeavyAsAChevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice Camry! (Just kidding)

It'll run forever if you take care of it. Well worth the price these days.
I just take solace in the fact that I can smoke most any Camry on the road. I raced my brother in his 09’ F-150 and absolutely destroyed him. I also raced a adult friend on our in his 500hp 1000tq
Cummins and kept up with him. That was a newer model as well. Maybe a 2018?? Not sure.

HeavyAsAChevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice buy! The styling on them is classy and fairly timeless. A Toyota V8? Keep the oil changed, don't let the coolant get old, replace your rubber bits, and it'll be in a museum some day.
I was very surprised when I learned what year it was! They’re very good looking cars. My brothers tease me about my mom car……..lololololol