1995 Suburban 2500 ABS question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
An addendum to great white's post on the AC issues:

One other common failure point is the low pressure switch. It's mounted on the receiver/drier with a 2 wire pigtail attached to it. A sure sign of failure is an oily wetness on the switch and pigtail, similar to the pictures of the failed housing seals on the compressor. Usually it's the pressure transducer diaphragm that ruptures, allowing refridgerant to seep out at the connector. I generally replace them when servicing these systems, as they are less than $20 and can save me having to explain to a customer why they lost their AC a month after I fixed it.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
So I have a 99 ODB2 suburban, any way to get the ABS light to blink?

Grounding out diagnostic terminal H should also work for ABS on OBDII IIRC. But I'd have to check my FSM before I would say that will work for sure and not short anything out.

I have a laptop scanner program with enhanced GM module support so I usually just pull the codes right from the module itself.

Some reading:

http://www.aa1car.com/library/abscodes.htm

Last edited:

Shocker

Reaction score
Thanks for all the great info everyone. The owner of the Burb felt his rig was worth much more than I did so we didn't come to terms on a part trade for my Corvette. I am keeping my eyes peeled for another one, but I really want to sell my Vette first.

I will keep on keepin on!

Mike

Shocker

Reaction score
That's for sure. I am just biding my time. I think I have actually sold the Corvette so that will free up some cash.