1995 7.4 454 glowing exaust manifolds.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New flashed ecm for the rebuilt trans.
Does the ECM have a screwed-up "tune"?

Does the electronic timing advance work? Doesn't matter if the initial timing is correct if the computer never adds any advance.

We put a new one on.
A new damper could have the wrong timing mark. This is an issue on small-blocks, there's at least two configurations for timing mark, they're 13-degrees different if I remember correctly. I don't know if there's multiple configurations for BBC timing marks on the damper, or timing indicator position.

What is the cranking compression pressure? If it's reasonable, the cam is "probably" timed correctly. If not, cam timing error is a possibility.

It has tier 0 emissions factory 0 emissions equipment.
How does THAT happen?

The old 366/427 tall-deck "Truck" engines used to make the exhaust glow under load--that was normal for an under-powered engine in a bigass, overloaded farm truck. Those engines also had a ginormous water pump, and TWO normal-sized thermostats in the intake manifold, leading to a double-sized upper radiator hose, for massive coolant flow.

Last edited:

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
It has tier 0 emissions factory 0 emissions equipment.
never herd or seen that kind of reminds me of this 97 C-1500 that is some thing that I have also not seen or herd since some one I use to know had it was a fully load 305 truck every option you could get it had not cat from the factory but still had egr and evap

k1500 97

Hoonigan
Reaction score
never herd or seen that kind of reminds me of this 97 C-1500 that is some thing that I have also not seen or herd since some one I use to know had it was a fully load 305 truck every option you could get it had not cat from the factory but still had egr and evap
oh yea i forgot it dose have the egr and evap. But no cats. My bad.

BuiltToWork

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
@99xcss4
Alice in Chains - but I don't recognize the other two.

You must be registered for see images attach

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
@99xcss4
Alice in Chains - but I don't recognize the other two.

candlemass five finger death punch

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Only thing I can think is spec'd for no on road use, federal mandates don't apply, Farm use, probably certain gov. entities, vehicles that spend their life on the tarmac, shipping ports, other industrial uses,etc. At one time you could order them anyway you want. These days everything down to the lawnmower and weedeater need to be EPA compliant snd headed towards EV. lol

Last edited: