1995 7.4 454 glowing exaust manifolds.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

k1500 97

Hoonigan
Reaction score
Dad has a 95 cclb srw with a reman 7.4. Under 500 miles. The guy who did the install set the timing at 0 tdc. If im correct 95 was 4 degrees b4 tdc. And 96+ was 0. Anyway it gets hot i mean hot. Glowing exaust manifolds. Has new water pump new radiator. All new coolant sensors knock sensor. New flashed ecm for the rebuilt trans. Unfortunately the engine is out of warranty
And the guy who installed it died of a heart attack 3 weeks after the install. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
was a new harmonic balancer installed on the new engine or was the old one reused if the old one was used it might not indicate correctly

pressureangle

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dad has a 95 cclb srw with a reman 7.4. Under 500 miles. The guy who did the install set the timing at 0 tdc. If im correct 95 was 4 degrees b4 tdc. And 96+ was 0. Anyway it gets hot i mean hot. Glowing exaust manifolds. Has new water pump new radiator. All new coolant sensors knock sensor. New flashed ecm for the rebuilt trans. Unfortunately the engine is out of warranty
And the guy who installed it died of a heart attack 3 weeks after the install. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
If the balancer is good and the timing is right, and you verify the cat converter (never seen this symptom, myself, but check it) then your cam is possibly a tooth off. Does it have lazy throttle response?