1994 Suburban 4WD 25A fuse blown?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tinbanger1979

Reaction score
Some of you may have seen my other post about my 1994 to 1999 dash and door panel swap on my suburban. I drove it today and found the 4WD 25A fuse is blown? Where should I begin looking for my short? I unplugged everything from the steering column and it still blows a fuse. I can't find a diagram of what all that fuse runs. It's marked 4WD, but I have a manual 4wd floor shifter. I don't have a cluster, windows, locks and not sure what else is blown.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
All I'm showing for the 94 is the transfer case switch. Could be a pinched wire somewhere between the fuse and transfer case. On a 4.3 it'd also power an o2 sensor heater, but suburbans didn't get 4.3s... Even the later models, the 4wd fuse still only goes to the transfer case/4x4 system.

Tinbanger1979

Reaction score
Found my short. I had a wire pinched behind the dash bar. I got frustrated on Sunday and tore the whole dash back out and as soon as I moved it 10 inches I saw the wire pinched. I also found 2 ground wire I forgot to hook up. So that probably had something to do with my erratic gauges and stuff acting weird.