'94 Power mirror fuse.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdjonesdr

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On my '94 full-size Blazer, I've given up on finding the fuse for the power mirrors. I have a couple of wiring illustrations that show it on top of the steering column with a separate fuse holder.

Since the electrical load from the mirror motors is much less than the window motors, why couldn't I just run a jumper from my window's 12V wire to the 12V wire of the mirror switch?

I know I will never adjust the mirrors while I'm opening and closing the windows, so it seems this would be a no-brainer.

Am I missing something?

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not sure if it will help, but the 94 manual implies that it’s near the convenience center, possibly covered with tape. Note the description for connector C246. Maybe follow the orange/black wire from the convenience center - the diagram shows it changing to solid orange at the fuse.

You must be registered for see images attach

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Not sure if it will help, but the 94 manual implies that it’s near the convenience center, possibly covered with tape. Note the description for connector C246. Maybe follow the orange/black wire from the convenience center - the diagram shows it changing to solid orange at the fuse.

Factory service manual comes through again.

Something to remember is that in 1994, GMT400's generally did not come with power mirrors, except the SUV's, so they were more add-on in nature although factory equipment. It wasn't until the 1995 interior redesign that power mirrors became more common.

Richard

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just gonna have to look up under the dash, black wire is power from conv' center to an inline fuse ( maybe wrapped in tape ), from the fuse out mirror switch is orange. You may have pull kick panel find the orange wire trace back to under dash. The no-brainer is the wire is there, running extra wires to bypass is lazy, but it's your choice. If that's your solution why ask for help.
And your a supporting member. :3811797817_8d685371

jdjonesdr

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just gonna have to look up under the dash, black wire is power from conv' center to an inline fuse ( maybe wrapped in tape ), from the fuse out mirror switch is orange. You may have pull kick panel find the orange wire trace back to under dash. The no-brainer is the wire is there, running extra wires to bypass is lazy, but it's your choice. If that's your solution why ask for help.
And your a supporting member. :3811797817_8d685371
Yes, I am a supporting member. What does that have to do with anything?

jdjonesdr

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Maybe I'm confused. Isn't the convenience center the fuse
box?

jdjonesdr

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you see on the diagram where it says "in-line 5 amp fuse" ? That will be a fuse in the wire run itself, prior to where it plugs into the convenience center.

Richard
Yep, well aware of it. I've been trying to find it for months to
no avail. I've asked on all of the forums I'm a member of and nobody can give me a "here's how to find it" answer.
I'd much rather change a fuse than pull the door and add a jumper.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Yep, well aware of it. I've been trying to find it for months to
no avail. I've asked on all of the forums I'm a member of and nobody can give me a "here's how to find it" answer.
I'd much rather change a fuse than pull the door and add a jumper.
OK, wasn't clear from your prior replies. It's been years since I owned a '94 Suburban and never had to dig up that fuse so I'm afraid I might not be much more help on it. If the factory diagram can't get you there, maybe it can at least help wire it up correctly.

The problem spot in door wiring is almost always the bend inside the hinge area; if you haven't pulled back the boot yet to inspect the wiring you should check there for any breaks, chafing, burnt or bare wiring.. and if you haven't pulled the kick panel trim yet, you should, as the wiring runs through that area to the hole in the side of the cab - it's possible the fuse holder may be that far back, instead of where you'd expect it close to the convenience center.

Richard