1994 k1500 383 tbi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WV_Dave

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can the EBL_Flash thing work with a '94 4L60e?

Taz069

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The ABC's of ebl, ecm sounds totally foreign?? Chipped, who in the world does a pre ob2. Yes a prior mentor mentioned it along with a ton of info. Cam specs posted.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No more clutch fan, pic included.
img_20230826_095642576-jpg.346925
Two, 225-watt motors? 450 watts total? Is that going to be enough fan?

30 amps X 14 volts is 420 watts, and most OEM fans use double 30 amp relays or even triple; and potentially rated for higher amperage.

I have a bad feeling about that fan system. OTOH, I've never converted to an aftermarket electric fan system, I don't know what's common/adequate.

Tim W

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The ABC's of ebl, ecm sounds totally foreign?? Chipped, who in the world does a pre ob2. Yes a prior mentor mentioned it along with a ton of info. Cam specs posted.
Look up Brian Harrison. I have not used him but he has or at least had a good reputation.

Tim W

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Her we go all. Not sure if this cam will get me 425/425. But should be close I pray. Builder won't say until it is assembled. Cam specs... Engine tech, bump stick stage 1. Lobe separation 110, lift 295 intake, 500 exhaust. @ .50 intake 217/ 225 exhaust. It is to be a hydrolic roller. Shorty headers for now, long tubes next year. No more clutch fan, pic included. Harold Sharp roller rockers. New higher amp alternator, haven't decided yet but if I ever get a bumper winch..... Please let me know on the cam specs. Thank you all
Why do you wana do away with the mechanical fan?

I still run one. My truck runs at a
185-190 at the hottest part of the day in Houston Texas sitting in traffic.

Iv never been sold on Electric fans. I'm sure they gave their place.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Why do you wana do away with the mechanical fan?

I still run one. My truck runs at a
185-190 at the hottest part of the day in Houston Texas sitting in traffic.

Iv never been sold on Electric fans. I'm sure they gave their place.

Maybe I had a weak clutch? My truck sucked at an idle in the dead of summer. It never got hot hot, but it never kept a cool and the AC sucked at a standstill. With a MKVIII e-fan it stays pretty nice inside when you're not going anywhere. That said, the efans are worthless if you're hooked to a load and zinging the motor out in 1st or 2nd gear. Thankfully I have the dually for that, but it took doesn't do very well in the heat of summer at a standstill. In fact that one at an idle will creep up around 230 doing nothing if it's hot as balls out. Otherwise it's fine.

Tim W

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Maybe I had a weak clutch? My truck sucked at an idle in the dead of summer. It never got hot hot, but it never kept a cool and the AC sucked at a standstill. With a MKVIII e-fan it stays pretty nice inside when you're not going anywhere. That said, the efans are worthless if you're hooked to a load and zinging the motor out in 1st or 2nd gear. Thankfully I have the dually for that, but it took doesn't do very well in the heat of summer at a standstill. In fact that one at an idle will creep up around 230 doing nothing if it's hot as balls out. Otherwise it's fine.
Wow that's hot. If my clutch was getting weak I think I'd just replace it.

I'm just not sold on the run of the mill E fans. I did hear though the MKVIII fans are really good.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In fact that one at an idle will creep up around 230 doing nothing if it's hot as balls out. Otherwise it's fine.
Yeah, I was thinking about a pusher fan and keeping the 11 blade, severe duty clutch for my main cooling here in the desert. It does need help at idle.

Engine tech, bump stick stage 1. Lobe separation 110, lift 295 intake, 500 exhaust. @ .50 intake 217/ 225 exhaust.
Look at that again,,, 295 lift intake and 500 exhaust??? Shouldn't that be 495? My 383 has the XR282HR cam with .510/.520 and 230/236 @ .050 for 436HP - dyno proven, just saying... :33:
You must be registered for see images attach