1994 GMC Sierra SL C/1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94_C/1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On January 16, 2007 I became the owner of this truck. Its my first vehicle. Because I wasn't 16 yet, I paid for the truck. For my my 16th birthday, my dad gave me my $1500 back. So far, its still stock. List of mods -

Exterior -
painted rims with Dupli Color Metal Cast Ground Coat, 67-72 style beauty rings, replaced center caps, BFG A/Ts in stock size - 235/75R15, smoked LMC euro tails,
35% tint on the glass, black diamond plate bed rails, aluminum diamond plate tool box, Cool Blue headlights

Interior -
JVC CD player, Polk front speakers, removed cloth headliner, switched to the plastic used for trucks with vinyl headliner, painted speaker covers black, painted the pad on the drivers side black

Engine- 262 V6
Jegs air tube, modified V8 air cleaner, K&N air filter, Powercharger, pod spacer, throttle body spacer, MSD coil, MSD plug wires, AC platinum plugs, dual 2 1/4 pipes, dual Thunderbolt cats, dual Flowmaster 40s, Royal Purple 10w30

Transmission - 4L60E
stock, with the exception of B&M fluid

Rearend - 10 bolt
stock, with the exception of Redline gear oil and a chrome cover

It was recently in a minor wreck, so its getting a new grille, filler panel, bumper, headlight, and a reflector.

In October, I'm getting it repainted. I'm getting the grille colormatched. Its getting clear parking lights, LMC clear/amber reflectors, new fender trim, new cab emblems, new door emblems, and a new 3rd brake light lens. If I can find one cheap enough, I'm getting a sunvisor. Hopefully one with lights.

By this time next year, I'd like to have headers, an H pipe, do the "ultimate TBI mods", flow matched injectors, adjustable regulator, Performance Distributor's module, a tune - thats also gonna remove the EGR and and the speed limiter

In the very, very distant future, I'd like to bore the engine .040 over, Brodix heads, and a crossram. I want to run around 10.5 compression. I'm undecided about the cam. I'd also like to get a T56 and regear the rearend with 4.56s and also get a Truetrac. I'd like to find a Bowtie block that can be bored to 4.155 and I'd like to find a 3.75 crank, but I don't know if I can find those parts.

You must be registered for see images attach

This truck has 130 HP at the wheels. The engine has a 4%-6% leakdown and has 150-155 psi compression. The truck currently has 190,000 miles.

94_C/1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Modifications done by a toyota -

And modifications done by a rain storm -

94_C/1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yesterday I got a new headlight adjuster and a new retaining ring. And last night I adjusted the headlight. While the headlight was out, I pulled the grille back out so its not overlapped like it is in the picture.

94_C/1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Haven't updated this thread for awhile.

I got the paint scuff off the bumper and I've got some parts to fix it, still need a grille. My almost new MSD coil went out. I had planned racing my friends '77 Hornet last week when I got a week off from school, but the one day it rained was the day we were going to the track. Before I went home I cleaned the truck up, polished the beauty rings, center caps, and waxed the rims. Then I took it on a 380 mile drive. While I was home I changed the oil and I finally got it aligned. I got to go offroad a little. Drove it down a hillside to a pond. Played guitar in the bed with a couple friends. That was one of the better times I had that week.

94_C/1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It has 193,000 miles on it now, the oil pan started leaking. The drain plug threads in the oil pan are stripped. I tightened it up, and last week it started leaking again. I tried to tighten it up, couldn't even get it finger tight before it loosened up. For a quick fix I took the drain plug out and wrapped it with teflon tape. I got it snug and the leak almost stopped. Saturday I'm changing the oil pan.

94_C/1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And now I'm seriously considering changing my plans for this truck. I'm sure I have years before I got to worry about rebuilding the engine or changing it, but I like to have things planned. I had wanted to build an 8-71 blown 540, then because I bought a Jeep I changed my mind and was wanting to build a stout 90 degree V6, then I decided on a big block V6, but now I'm thinking about rebuilding the 262 in it. But its not going to happen untill the motor locks up or the rings go bad, hopefully a long time from now. Instead of a bunch of somewhat exotic parts that would be required to do a badass V6 I wanted, I'm keeping most of the stock parts. The main reason for my latest change of plans is I already have a couple projects and I'm looking to buy a car soon. I don't really want to have alot of money tied up in this truck.

So, future mods -

port the throttle body, 305 injectors, make the regulator adjustable, phenolic spacer, worked stock intake, 2.02 and 1.60 valves, port the factory CPI heads, .502 bronze guides, Comp Pro Magnum rockers, beehive springs, zero deck the block, bronze lifter bores, .040 over bore with a plateau hone, 10:1 compression, knife edge the crank, and I'm still undecided about the cam. I still want to get headers and an H pipe. I plan on just doing a basic rebuild of the transmission but using V8 parts and a Corvette servo. The rearend will get 3.73 gears and a truetrac. If I go with 30x9.50s on the back, I will get 4.10 gears instead

So basically a rebuild with some trick parts and blue printing the motor. And a simple rearend and transmission rebuild.

I still plan to get it painted in October. Its getting a new grille and it will be colormatched. It will eventually get new cab and door emblems. I'm going to try to do something different with a the reflectors.

94_C/1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
had a problem with a lug nut and a stud last month. I got another lug nut from the junkyard and today I bought a new stud. Put them on. Went to put the tire back on, and 2 of the lug nuts wouldn't go on. Not even with an impact. During break, went and bought 2 new studs and 2 new lug nuts. I also balanced the tires on a road force machine. All of them were out of balance, the worst being 2 3/4 ounces. I fixed the spare tire. It had been flat for atleast 1 1/2 years. It was leaking around the bead. Took the tire off and wire brushed the the rim. Mounted the tire back on the rim, and then realized the valvestem is also leaking. Bought a new valvestem. Now I have a spare that I can actually use.

94_C/1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, I've got some serious plans for this truck and on somewhat of a budget. I need to spend a few hundred on the Cadillac and I need to buy some parts for another one of my trucks. But after that, I'm gonna start saving money for my GMC. For now, this week I'm messing with the timing and putting a quarter in the regulator. But this summer I'm tearing into the motor. I'm just wanting to rebuild the top end. I want to do this for around $1500, but I'm gonna go over a little. But for those that care, I'm getting a set of '96+ Vortec heads, Edelbrock intake, HEI distributor, Holley carb, big cam from Comp, Comp Pro Magnum rockers, and Rhodes lifters. I plan on using 2.02 and 1.60 valves with back cuts, 5 angle valve job, and port the heads. I'll probably port the intake a little and I already have a used 600 cfm carb with vacuum secondaries and I have a rebuild kit. I'm wanting to try out Rhodes lifters, so that's why I'm wanting to go with the big cam. I'm hoping to increase horse power and torque by about 100. I figure that should be possible.

When I do this, I'll update this thread and I'll post up everything I do with some pictures on the V6 performance parts thread I made awhile back.

94_C/1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Haven't updated this is awhile. Just read my last post, geez. Wish that all could've happened, never did. Life gets in the way of stuff like that, and my life is going great right now. Im getting martied soon. Plans for the GMC are on the back burner now pretty much, well until recently. I had been rebuilding a '75 J10 but my welder broke so I can't work on it till some money comes my way. So, in my free time I've been working on the GMC lately. I ported the throttle body and added 4 degrees of timing, really woke the truck up. And today I straighten the bumper up, changed the grille, the filler panel, and added tow hooks. I've got Edelbrock headers for it but need the holes welded up where the AIR lines were. I'm hoping to get a new job soon, got an interview tomorrow. If I can change jobs, some money will be coming my way. The truck could use new injectors and I'm sure a new O2 sensor wouldn't hurt. If I'm able to save some money up, a Yank converter and Transgo shiftkit will find their way in my transmission. Ought to make a screamer out of this truck and give some diesels a run for their money. I've also discovered marine single plane intakes, so that would be great. If I get this new job, it would be great. The work I'm in now is ok, but sometimes I can work 6 days a week but other times I'm lucky to work 2 days a week.