Heavy Half?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well crap. Fancy a trip up north later this year?
Long trip for a bumper guard. But probably. I see trucks with these often enough. I can always snag another for you. Will probably be going to the yard again mid May. Studs are gross, but I can chase them and clean them up.

Attachments

• IMG_8855.jpeg
    IMG_8855.jpeg
    266.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_8857.jpeg
    IMG_8857.jpeg
    273.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_8856.jpeg
    IMG_8856.jpeg
    287.2 KB · Views: 2

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
So I'm on the hunt for a diesel Suburban. C'mon, pull and pay lottery!
Strangely enough, someone had swapped one onto my '94 3500HD. It was.. "correct" for the 6.5td truck but the guards and trim strip were incorrect for the Cheyenne trim level, for sure. It was beat.. and got junked, replaced with a smoothie "diesel" bumper from LMC. Hate to think what the original bumper looked like as they had smacked it hard enough to break the welds completely on one of the bumper bracket pads. (3500HD's have a square-ish pads welded straight to the frame horns like end caps.)

You must be registered for see images attach

But yeah, Suburbans are very commonly seen with these guards for some reason. Practically every one I had in my inventory had them. I guess they figured the potential for a soccer mom driver could use a little extra protection.

Richard

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey, you had those push dealies on that front bumper I want for mine!
I think its just the diesel bumper. Both the 6.5 trucks in my driveway have them. Only bad thing is they make the tow hooks almost useless. I have to loop a small thin strap around it then hook what ever to that. I might be going to the pick and pull tomorrow. I will see what they have. If they have any I'll snag them. Your still in CO right?

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I think its just the diesel bumper. Both the 6.5 trucks in my driveway have them. Only bad thing is they make the tow hooks almost useless. I have to loop a small thin strap around it then hook what ever to that. I might be going to the pick and pull tomorrow. I will see what they have. If they have any I'll snag them. Your still in CO right?

Yeah. I have a diesel bumper on my dually and it has the push thingies. I'd like a diesel bumper for the 1500 as well since I have another plenum thing to direct the airflow through the radiator. If the diesel bumper is guaranteed to have them then that narrows my search.