My new 98 sierra

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raspi454

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is my new to me Sierra
1998 GMC Sierra SLE Z71 ECSB 305 4L60e 227k~ In mid April this year, my dad and I drove from Michigan to Arkansas and back nonstop to get this truck. The only thing in the listing description was "NO DAMAGE", I ask the guys some questions about the truck,(specifically body and rust) said there's none, then I get there and I see a dent between door and fender couldn't see in pictures, trans failing, t case and rear pinion leaking, front bench console lid latch broke, so it would stay all the way open, cracked windshield but I didn't really want to leave empty handed, and no rust really turned me on, and I intend to keep her clean. Interior is actually pretty nice as far as wear and tear go, but needs a good scrub.
Drove her all the way home, and within the first 20 miles on the highway I felt the trans slipping but she made it home no problem. Had cel but forgot to grab my scanner before we left, had p1870, and of course O2 sensors, p0160 iirc.

Things done after I bought:
Trans rebuilt
Pitman arm
Idler arm
Anzo clear headlights+ led rears
t/c seals
Pinion seals
O2 sensors
Metra double din bezel
Replaced ever burnt bulb in the interior lol
Fixed console lid+ other interior bits
speakers(rear pillars as well :suicide: )+head unit
Sure I'm forgetting something

As of posting needs
Tires
Dent repair
Alignment
A full detail
(I gave a little rinse to get the dust off for pics)

Plans are to keep stock for the most part, any mods would probably be oem/oem+ and if the 305 goes I'll go 350 or maybe even a 383. I pray she'll never see snow. She's a looker in Michigan lol
You must be registered for see images attach

I guess I'll post any updates about it here

Last edited: