1993 Suspension Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2Grim4U

Reaction score
I have a 93 extended cab v8 automatic truck. It has been lowered quite a bit and I’m trying to figure out how much so I can buy some shocks. Normally I would just measure the eye holes on the shocks at rest and do the math for droop. But I have never messed with anything that has a hanging shackle. From what I can tell it seems to have 2” or slightly more drop spindles up front, I can see what looks like a bell tech logo but nothing else. The rear was flipped but they didn’t c notch the frame so I reversed it back because the axle tubes were hitting the frame. It looks like it has a set of lowering shackles on it as well, they are roughly 8” long with two sets of bolts holes. Any ideas? I can’t get more info just tell me what yah need. Thanks

400Rogue

Reaction score
Measure distance of the eye holes as it sits. Then put the frame on jack stands, unbolt the leaf spring on one side, and jack up the axle to a safe point of maximum travel and measure eye hole to eye hole distance again. That is your maximum travel. let the axle rest so that it is resting from just the shocks. That is your total uncompressed shock length eye to eye.

These measurements may be a little bit odd given you got the vehicle already lowered, and who knows what shocks they had, but I would take this data, call up someone like fox, or something, and give them this information. They can point you in the direction of a recommended shock. Or if you don't feel like doing all this, grab the same rear shocks from a lowering/coilover kit. But it may not ride as nice as if you were to have a shock company suggest shocks and maybe have them valve them for you.