1993 Sierra "Abigail"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skeletal

Getting a bigger hammer
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Skeletal

Getting a bigger hammer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was asked why don't I sell my remaining 2 trucks and buy something else, don't want to sell my ext cab because I like it too much. Abigail is take it or leave it however, and a Durmax would be nice so I'm considering it. She might be on the chopping block here soon but I need to give it some more thought.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was asked why don't I sell my remaining 2 trucks and buy something else, don't want to sell my ext cab because I like it too much. Abigail is take it or leave it however, and a Durmax would be nice so I'm considering it. She might be on the chopping block here soon but I need to give it some more thought.
Don't think about it. Price it for what you'd sell her for and if someone wants her for that money, she's gone....

Skeletal

Getting a bigger hammer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm getting back on this project, had a job that sucked the life out of me so I didn't do much to the trucks (also got tired of being lowballed by ****'s, no I won't sell it for $2500, rant over lol). Got a new job that's better and I have the time/interest in mess around with my trucks once again.
Picked up a NBS Tahoe (05 Z71) to get back and forth to work with since I didn't have the time to pull the trans in the x-cab and have it rebuilt, Abigail wasn't in a state to be driven. The trans popped in the Tahoe a few weeks after I got it, had to have that re-built which I wasn't happy about. Named the Tahoe "Dirty Hoe Stella"
You must be registered for see images attach

That's what I've been up to for the most part, now back on topic lol. My plan is to have the trans in the x-cab fixed here soon, sell the hoe and use that to fund Abigail. My plans for it have changed (figures), I put the low pros back on the Irocs because she is going to get slammed 5/7. Need to re-build the front end (sent back the parts when I bought the hoe), figure out why I have no a/c, get a new head unit and dash speakers, tint the windows, do some beautifying then she'll be ready to go. I'm going to be looking for a new bed since it's cheaper to get another one than to have the current one fixed, she might end up as a fleetside if I can't find another stepside or better bed sides.

I have been working on the interior, it's almost finished. Need a few trim pieces from the junkyard and new door panels since mine have screw holes all over them/are trashed. Pretty happy with how it came out, looks (and smells) a hell of a lot better.

Skeletal

Getting a bigger hammer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been working on her over the weekends. Did a lot of the maintenance needed, new air filter, battery, oil change, put a bottle of seafoam down the intake and she runs better. Got the a/c working, installed orange led's in the interior, put a new muffler on and polished it up. The old exhaust system was quite a mess, 2 different mufflers with different size pipe hacked together with adapters. Removed that, reused some of the pipe and ended up with 2.5 pipe from the header back with a Flowfx muffler.

Exhaust Clip
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Pretty happy with how she's turning out, trying to keep the costs down on fixing her up until I decide how far I want to take the truck. Currently thinking about keeping it looking decent & running well making it my main driver and having the x-cab be a Friday/weekend driver.

Skeletal

Getting a bigger hammer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Done some work to the truck but not much, filled the bed rail holes and painted them with bed liner, sealed the leaky windshield and replaced/sealed the screws holding the sun visor on. She's currently 4 different colors and it's driving me slightly crazy, maroon, black, and 2 different shades of purple. She's going to end up black for a while since she needs a new bed/cab corners and wouldn't match anyway. Going to do a little bodywork to fix some of the high/low spots then shoot it in the driveway before I put a tag on her, can't really look any worse. Would like to get a nicer grille, either another old GMC or newer Chevy one in chrome with billet inserts, and some chrome headlights like my x-cab. Plus some window tint, I hate being in a fishbowl, probably 5 or 10% all around.

Going to put a decent stereo system in her, have some of the parts already. Came with a speaker box, got an Alpine amp out of a boat, and I'll nick the sub box out of the hoe before I sell it. Need to get a new head unit, dash speakers and some wiring for the amp. Going to put the sub behind the passenger seat, unbolt the center console and slide it forward some to fit the speaker box behind it, and disconnect the pillar speakers.

Looking forward to getting her on the road, sometimes wish I had cheaper hobbies so I could get stuff done quicker. Cars, computers, tattoos and women aren't cheap lol.

Skeletal

Getting a bigger hammer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Minor update, ordered some parts for her. Once the hoe' is sold I'll order the rest. So some progress will be coming soon!

After talking with my old man and my buddy I decided this truck is going to get the works to become the truck I really want. It sparked when one of the guys I worked with said he has a new built 350 he's looking to sell. Going to do it in stages, stage one will be rebuilding the front end & lowering it 5/7, getting the interior good enough, putting in the stereo, me shooting it flat black and other misc stuff it needs to get it on the street. Stage 2 will be new motor/trans, and putting it on bags. Stage 3 will be finishing the interior (getting the seats recovered, new carpet, etc) and bodywork. Haven't decided between having it painted the original purple or gloss black but I have plenty of time to choose lol. Crazy plans always change but that's what I'm hoping to do with it, but the good thing with this truck is it ain't the greatest so it's a good truck to heavily modify and turn into something special.

Skeletal

Getting a bigger hammer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Placed an order for some DJM 3" drop control arms since I was going to replace the lowers as part of the rebuild. Got the only set I could find so hopefully they have them. Going to drop the truck 6/8 instead of 5/7 for something a little different, don't think it'll make that big of a difference in driveability. Probably scrape as much as my burb' did lol, tall speed bumps, steep inclines, etc, she was a little too low in the rear with the helpers aired down for the length (was about 8/8.5 in the rear). I miss that sled, it was awesome but after the accident it needed more money put into it than I was willing to spend to fix her right. Fun times with that truck though.