1993 K1500 Replacing Carpet Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jskingry

Reaction score
Hello all

I am in the process of replacing my dash and updating a lot of things on the 1993 K1500 Sierra Extended Cab I recently purchased. So today I pulled all the seats and trim as I am doing some stereo work, new headliner, speakers, etc.
Well once the seats were out and the center console it became evident that the carpet is toast and needs to be replace so I am browsing the internet and have a few questions about this.
1. All the replacement carpet seems to be for 2nd trucks and does not have a cutout for the 4wd shifter. Do I just cute and elongated H shaped cut for that?
2. I have gray interior, does anyone know what the name of that carpet color is? Some of the vendors have silver and six grays to choose from?
3. Is there a preferred vendor for these?
That’s all for now,
Thanks

LTC_

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Most retailers will send you samples of the carpet so that you can select the color that best matches your interior. They will probably charge a couple of bucks for it, but worth it IMO.

Do not throw away your old carpet. When the new carpet arrives, you will need to lay it out for a bit, and let it wrinkle from sitting in a box. Lay your old carpet on top and mark the location of the shifter. You will also need to cut holes for the seat belt and seat bolts once you get it in the truck. I just poked the holes out from below. Carpet will be oversized, so you will need to trim it. Make sure to get a nice cutter and/or scissors.

Jskingry

Reaction score
Most retailers will send you samples of the carpet so that you can select the color that best matches your interior. They will probably charge a couple of bucks for it, but worth it IMO.

Do not throw away your old carpet. When the new carpet arrives, you will need to lay it out for a bit, and let it wrinkle from sitting in a box. Lay your old carpet on top and mark the location of the shifter. You will also need to cut holes for the seat belt and seat bolts once you get it in the truck. I just poked the holes out from below. Carpet will be oversized, so you will need to trim it. Make sure to get a nice cutter and/or scissors.
That is some great information to use the old carpet as the pattern. Thanks!

Insert Quarter

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
2. I have gray interior, does anyone know what the name of that carpet color is? Some of the vendors have silver and six grays to choose from?
SEM trim codes should match the sticker if the glove box if it's still readable.

Attachments

• SEM_1993.pdf
    407.6 KB · Views: 17

Jerryred94silvy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just did this on my ‘94 model. I ordered samples and picked my color that way. I used Stockinterior.com and they did a good job, I’m pleased with their product and pricing. I opted to add massbacking on mine for $60 extra and with shipping and tax it still came out just under $300.