1993 Sierra "Abigail"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skeletal

Getting a bigger hammer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is that correct your gonna do a 4 inch lift? For a daily driver ?
Yes, it should be about the same height or slightly taller than my Z71.

Hmmm, baja prerunner look?
Not really, mainly want to give it a more aggressive look than I could get at stock height.

totlu81

Reaction score
I own a 1993 Tiara conversion truck. It looks just like yours only Indigo blue metallic and no visor. It is all original and was my daily driver for the last 12 years. It was towed on a dolly behind an rv for most of its life before I bought it. I just needed more room in the cab or I'd still be daily driving it. My plans are to paint the hood and roof then put antique plates on it. Are you going to keep the body kit on it? If you were to take it off I would want to buy it. My truck was in an accident before I got it and they had to replace the front ones and they don't match the back anymore.
You must be registered for see images attach

Skeletal

Getting a bigger hammer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I own a 1993 Tiara conversion truck. It looks just like yours only Indigo blue metallic and no visor. It is all original and was my daily driver for the last 12 years. It was towed on a dolly behind an rv for most of its life before I bought it. I just needed more room in the cab or I'd still be daily driving it. My plans are to paint the hood and roof then put antique plates on it. Are you going to keep the body kit on it? If you were to take it off I would want to buy it. My truck was in an accident before I got it and they had to replace the front ones and they don't match the back anymore.
I'll send you a PM
Maaannn how did I only just now find this thread??? Subbed, can’t wait to see what you do to this one!!!

Definitely gonna follow this build. Has lots of potential to be something really nice.

Skeletal

Getting a bigger hammer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This truck didn't come with sun visors so I got some from the junkyard along with seat belts. The stock belts don't retract because the mechanism is rusted.

Picked up a new to me hood for 50$. Got some paint that was close to the factory color on the cap and sprayed the hood, turns out the color didn't match the cap. It was more magenta than purple. (in the picture they look similar but the cap is a bit darker irl)

Stripped that off and put on a different shade of purple, this one is much better. The hood is still drying so here's a shot of it on the fender.

Going to go this route instead of black.

Also I started to pull off the side skirts and the driver cab corner is soft where the skirt was touching the bottom, not too happy about that.

Last edited:

Skeletal

Getting a bigger hammer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got tires mounted up and rims put on. Pulled the side skirts off too, the rear is a solid 2" lower...
Going to need a new leaf pack and stock shackles.

Last edited:

Skeletal

Getting a bigger hammer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fixed even more wiring, driver side door had some dubious repairs done to it. At this point I don't understand wtf someone was trying to do with the way the door was wired, also this is how the passenger window switch is hooked up. Would like to find a new door harness and main harness.

Bought a can of grey dye to test on a couple of pieces, the color is pretty close to the stock grey. Going to get a few more cans to finish the center console so I can get to installing it and the seats.

Last edited:

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
Bought a can of grey dye to test on a couple of pieces, the color is pretty close to the stock grey. Going to get a few more cans to finish the center console so I can get to installing it and the seats.

I started doing mine as you’ve seen, at first I thought the color was a little off, but now it blends pretty good the more I dye IMO