1992 Silverado from Tx

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Those pull 34 amps while running so they say.... but at start up they will pull almost twice that.. most common relay is the Bosch 30 and and will not cut it.. need at the least a 40 but a 50 or more would be better..

sent from what use to be a great country...

Pab's

Reaction score
Yeah the fans burned up, not the relays. So 40 or 50 amp relays should fix the issue?

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I like to run negative triggers for everything.... I never have to worry about a power wire to a switch that may burn up and cause a fire from an overloaded switch... this is how I actually prefer to run everything..
You must be registered for see images

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nope.. if it was the actual fans that burnt up it was a bad fan assembly... all the auto fans are designed for 12-roughtly 15 volts.. you by rights can hook them right to a battery directly and they should be fine if no cotton was needed for them.. I would get ahold of jegs and see about getting them replaced....

Pab's

Reaction score
Already did, they're sending a replacement set. I was just wondering if I had missed something in the wiring.

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thats good news...

I can not see your pic that we'll as I'm on phone only. That's why I posted the two I did... are you trying to control them by a rocker switch or a sensor on the motor?

Pab's

Reaction score
Ignition, so they run as soon as I open the ignition.

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Then use the first pic I posted and hook the ignition to the blue wire in the pic...