1991 C1500 in Florida

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FLGS400

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I got the dash put back together, finished up the tach mounting bracket, cleaned up the AC controls, and got the tach mounted. I was in the process of wiring the tach up and a blew the fuse for the dash lights. Was aiming for a single terminal in the Convenience Center and hit 2 at the same time with the test light. Oh well... I'll have to get some more fuses tomorrow. I have no spare blade type fuses. Here is the mounting bracket and a picture of where the tach ended up:

You must be registered for see images attach

By the way, the Convenient Center in these trucks is pretty "convenient". I found all the terminals I needed for the tach power and light with a test light, and also figured out where I can wire the power seat to! Was pretty easy.

FLGS400

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wrapped up the tach and gauges tonight! Also got the lighter/power socket replaced, along with the ash tray light. Drilled a 5/8 hole in the firewall, with a grommet, to run the tach signal wire through. I have every intention to also use this to run the aftermarket temperature and oil pressure gauges, in the future.

The lighter/power socket was a B****! I had to cut the plug off for the original one as it would not work on the aftermarket one. There is not much room behind it to connect the crimp-on spade connectors. I'm just glad it all works now.

Sorry, no pictures of the lighter/power outlet.

Since I have the day off tomorrow (Catholic boss), I'm going to do something I haven't done in 25 years or more. I found a You-Pull-It yard about an hour away that has a bunch of GMT400 trucks and SUVs. Gonna go see what I can get out of them.

FLGS400

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Happy hunting! I hope you find ALL the goodies.

Boy, did I enjoy the crap out of that!

They had about 10 GMT400 trucks there. I found 3 1500's with blue interior. Here is what I got:

2 stock tail pipe frame brackets (really only needed 1, but I pulled 1 then found another better one).
Vent cover where the heat comes out (mine is missing)
Vent actuator (looked fairly new so I grabbed it)
Very nice blue ash tray assembly (better than the one in my truck now)
Nice battery tray and brace (mines pretty deteriorated)
Hardware for the front bumper fillers
Nice left hinge cover
All the jack and lug wrench parts (no jack though).
A bunch of those ******* interior panel clips

I'm going to go back tomorrow morning and grab some more stuff. I almost had a mint cowl vent panel. 2 rusty screws kept me from getting it. Bringing my drill and bits tomorrow. There was also a standard cab, long bed with some nice rear interior panels. They're better than the ones I have now. I got the jack parts from that truck, but forgot to check for the jack itself. I ran out of time there today.

2 things I was looking for but were gone from ALL the trucks and SUVs... a fuse box cover and the panel that goes below the column. My fuse box cover is MIA and the corners are broken on the lower panel.