1991 C1500 in Florida

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimmy D

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's a idea I didn't think of, thank you!

Yeah, I'm looking at using that picture hanging stuff that is like Velcro, especially in the center part of the back panel. Somehow I ended up with a bunch of it...

Do you expect to ever remove that panel again? In my case I broke two of those plastic tabs while removing mine.

FLGS400

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I broke a couple too, and yes I will, when I go to replace the back window. It's a worn out 3-panel slider and it rattles pretty loudly sometimes.

FLGS400

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Tonight I thought I would do something easy, like install the new seat belts, while I'm waiting on my new AC Delco oil pressure sending unit to get here from Rockauto. That didn't work out well. Whomever installed the new carpet cross threaded the nut on the stud for the latch part. When I took it off, it stripped it out horribly and I can't get anything in there to rethread it. After I get back from my road trip this weekend, I'm going to get under the truck and grind the head off the stud and knock it out. I'll use one of the longer grade bolts that came with the seat belt kit to replace it.

Frustrating.... this was the first thing I touched for the seat belt install. :banghead:

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tonight I thought I would do something easy, like install the new seat belts, while I'm waiting on my new AC Delco oil pressure sending unit to get here from Rockauto. That didn't work out well. Whomever installed the new carpet cross threaded the nut on the stud for the latch part. When I took it off, it stripped it out horribly and I can't get anything in there to rethread it. After I get back from my road trip this weekend, I'm going to get under the truck and grind the head off the stud and knock it out. I'll use one of the longer grade bolts that came with the seat belt kit to replace it.

Frustrating.... this was the first thing I touched for the seat belt install. :banghead:
Monkeys with tools,gotta love 'em!:rolleyes:

FLGS400

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, the GS400 made it to Lake Worth, Florida and back with no problems. It was a 430 mile road trip, the farthest I've taken it so far. The only minor issues is that something happened with the upper spring insulator on the left front and it groans horribly on dips in the road. I just got done cleaning it up, and will address that issue when I get the truck done.

I also got the drive side seat belts and the new oil pressure sending unit in the truck, and took it for a spin around the hood. Oil pressure gauge works great now, as does the odometer. WIN!

Next we'll tackle that ******* passenger side inner seat belt stud and finish putting the interior back together. I picked up a Autometer Sport Comp tachometer for it. I think I'm going to make a bracket to mount it off of the little radio replacement storage compartment, on the right side of the dash. I also picked up a clamp-on magnetic phone holder for the same location. I may see if the clamp on bracket for the phone will work for the tach, then get another one for the phone. We'll see later this week.

FLGS400

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got back out to the garage tonight, and knocked out that stripped out seat belt stud. It actually came right out after I ground the welds off the bottom, with the angle grinder and Dremel tool.
You must be registered for see images attach

Shot the area with some Krylon and installed the new bolt, bracket, and buckle side.

Next up will be the belt retractor on the passenger side. I already got the whole thing in on the driver side, and it works really good.

Last edited: