1991 C1500 in Florida

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FLGS400

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Finished up the new seat belt install tonight, by getting the passenger side belts done. After getting that stud out, this side was easy, as I just had to duplicate what I did on the driver side.
You must be registered for see images attach

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Finished up the new seat belt install tonight, by getting the passenger side belts done. After getting that stud out, this side was easy, as I just had to duplicate what I did on the driver side.
Your gonna need those new belts, those seats look awful slippery!!!! Lol
Looking good

FLGS400

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Your gonna need those new belts, those seats look awful slippery!!!! Lol
Looking good
LOL! Yes, they are a bit slippery but comfortable. I would really like to find some high backs or seats with a head rest at some point. I can just see the back of my head hitting the rear window if I get rear-ended... Thanks for the compliment, too!
Amazingly quick and steady progress! What are the seats from??
Thanks Sean!
I'm not not really sure what they were in. They came in the truck when I got it. The previous owner told me this truck had a bench seat in it, but it was trashed. His mechanic (ha!) put these seats in it for him. If I had to guess, I'd say they're from a GMT400 Tahoe or Suburban. They have the GMT400 type mounting brackets on them (they're red though).

Last edited:

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL! Yes, they are a bit slippery but comfortable. I would really like to find some high backs or seats with a head rest at some point. I can just see the back of my head hitting the rear window if I get rear-ended... Thanks for the compliment, too!

Thanks Sean!
I'm not not really sure what they were in. They came in the truck when I got it. The previous owner told me this truck had a bench seat in it, but it was trashed. His mechanic (ha!) put these seats in it for him. If I had to guess, I'd say they're from a GMT400 Tahoe or Suburban. They have the GMT400 type mounting brackets on them (they're red though).
Those are blue seat covers over red seats?

FLGS400

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Last night I did some stuff to the truck. I got the mounting for the tach figured out. I made mounts from right angle brackets from Home Depot and some plastic stand-offs that I had in my fastener collections. The brackets will mount it, using the plastic cubby hole thing where the original radio used to reside. I like the position of the tach, I'm just not sure if I like how it looks as a whole. I'll post some pictures when I get it all back together again.

Also pulled the gauge cluster again, and repainted the orange lines on the gauges, using a paint pen. I'm not real good at steady, precise painting and it shows. I'm not sure if I like how it turned out. Again, I'll post up some pictures when I get the dash back together again.

While I was waiting on the painted lines to dry on the gauges, I removed the ash tray to get at the lighter assembly. It's pretty crusty and didn't work when I tried to plug my phone into it. I ended up having to cut the outside of the lighter case, near the threads, with my Dremel, to get it apart. Now I have to go to the parts store and see if I can find a generic replacement. I have to get some other stuff anyway to finish up the tach install. I also wanted to see if the ash try light works. I plan to tap into it for the light in the tach.

Last week I ordered a new carpet piece for the back of the cab. The truck had new carpet installed and I could not understand why that wasn't replaced, too. It's actually easier to install than the carpet on the floors. The existing piece looks original and is very faded out. It came in on Sunday, but I haven't opened it up yet. May do that tonight, depending on other life things...

That's it for this update!

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you just going to use it for your phone they make usb charger that will take the place of the lighter socket so you don't need the adapter. I put them in everything we have because who smokes in the car anymore....

FLGS400

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you just going to use it for your phone they make usb charger that will take the place of the lighter socket so you don't need the adapter. I put them in everything we have because who smokes in the car anymore....
I thought about doing that. I smoke, but not in my vehicles, so I really don't need the lighter. Ended up finding a replacement though at AutoZone. I turned out I have a lot of rewards points there, so it was free!