1991 C2500 350 TBI VSS Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AbeGiner

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have a 1991 c2500 (159,000 miles) that I purchased that had been sitting for about 9 years, I went through and essentially replaced almost everything. I would list everything here but just think about all the basics that one would switch when in a situation like mines. (note: I have not replaced the distributor).

The truck from what I understand had the transmission replaced with a 700r4 from a 1991 Camaro (shifts are fine I replaced the TV cable and adjusted it, I also did the filter and fluid)

I am now stuck on an issue, after buying the VSS and replacing it I noticed the connector is slightly cracked but the wires seem fine and after doing the paper-clip method of getting codes from the ECU I found that I was once again getting code 24 which is a faulty VSS. The truck also seems to run decent when I first start it up but just a few seconds into driving it seems like the accelerator doesn't do much when I go past half throttle. I'm not really sure what to do here, could it be the connector ? what else could be causing this? I'm definitely a beginner when it comes to all of this.

Thanks!