1989 K3500 8.1 Liter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

andy396

GMT400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tip my hat to you. I thought going from a TBI to Vortec L29 7.4L was challenging. I can only imagine the challenges you faced with this build. You make it look so easy. Nicely done. It looks great!

Chuckersw

Reaction score
Hey, how do you time the coils? Can this be done to my 454? Ive heard of the multi coil set up being added to a 454 voete.

Reaction score
I tip my hat to you. I thought going from a TBI to Vortec L29 7.4L was challenging. I can only imagine the challenges you faced with this build. You make it look so easy. Nicely done. It looks great!
Thanks. It seemed for a while everything I did just created a new problem.

Reaction score
Hey, how do you time the coils? Can this be done to my 454? Ive heard of the multi coil set up being added to a 454 voete.
The coils with this set up are timed by the computer using the cam and crank sensors. This is a factory engine just the way it came out of a 2001 Yukon XL 8.1L. I had never heard of a 454 with factory coil on plug until recently. A friend of mine that owns a wrecking yard took in a couple of 1999 Topkick's that have that set up. I can get pictures or VIN numbers to help you find the parts to do the swap if you want.

Jermaine Smith

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Holy Crap!! You got that box chevy moving bro!! Is that all motor or on juice ?

I love your car and your truck. My car run low 11s on motor with a 6 speed if you care....
You must be registered for see images attach