1989 K3500 8.1 Liter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I needed a way to shift the transfer case so I made a mount to go under the dash. There were no good spots in the dash to put the push button.
You must be registered for see images attach

Reaction score
Having the egr sensor location available for a wideband is pretty handy. Not sure how well versed you are with HPT, but if you need any input or want to bounce ideas around just PM me. Good work so far.

I forgot to say thank you for the offer, Sorry. I ended up using a 2002 Avalanche tune. The operating system in the 2001 tune would not run my fans. This is the first 2001 operating system that I could not make work. So far so good. if I have any questions I will ask.

Reaction score
I ended up using some 4 inch mandrel bends and making an air intake tube.

Reaction score
The wiring is a little more cleaned up in this picture. The twisted pair beside the master cylinder is the original VSS wiring. I need to add a second speed sensor to my transfer case to run this wiring to to drive the factory speedo.

Reaction score
I just got back from the first road test since the engine, transmission, and transfer case swap. So far the only issues seems to be an exhaust leak between the left manifold and the head and the in dash temp gauge doesn't jive with the PCM temp reading. This picture has the engine cover on. I was happily surprised that the cover, throttle body and air intake tube all cleared the hood. It definitely has more power than the 454 TBI.