1967 Dodge D100

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, after lots of internet sleuthing, the consensus seems to be that the rod bolts and 4 inner main bolts are reusable because they are actually TTAngle not TTY. Sloppy mechanics even re-uses the head bolts which definitely are TTY.

I think I'm going to knock all the pistons out, clean the deck, hone it, ring gap it, clean it, and slap it back together. If the rod bearings look ok, I probably will just leave the mains alone.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So both of the rod caps I identified as loose, the bearing didn't come out with the cap. Doesn't look like it spun.

These bearings look new other than some light scoring. They are marked GM STD, so I don't think they are undersized. I'm going to pick up some brake clean and see if the parts store has plasti-gauge.

I think on a motor that is going to see boost it's probably better to be too loose than too tight, but way too loose is probably no bueno.

You must be registered for see images attach

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
...oh I forgot to ask on my last post if you were planning on checking bearing clearances with plastiguage?

Sorry for being so nosy. I've got one of these engines torn apart myself and was trying to get it machined and put back together.:rolleyes:

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
...oh I forgot to ask on my last post if you were planning on checking bearing clearances with plastiguage?

Sorry for being so nosy. I've got one of these engines torn apart myself and was trying to get it machined and put back together.:rolleyes:

I started too and then I was like ... meh ... good enough.

If I ever have a problem I'm going to say it's going to be the #3 rod bearing. I could only torque it to 49 ft-lbs. Everything else got 50, but that one bolt would not tighten anymore and gave me that if you turn it anymore it's going to break or strip feeling.