1967 Dodge D100

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yuk, same here yesterday: 103F! Forecast looks about the same for the next 10 days.:(

Last Fall I cut a hole on the wall of my detached garage and ran a circuit for a window shaker AC. It's a newer LG inverter unit 22kBTU and has a "Dry" mode. About as close as performance as a mini-split. Even running it at mid-80F in Dry mode it cuts down on the humidity and makes it way more bearable in there. The garage is only partially insulated, so I really need to finish the insulation.

Last edited:

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even if I did AC in the garage, it wouldn't help because the wife isn't going to let me take over the garage for a year again. I have the room to build a garage, but I think we are going to move after the kids graduate HS so it just doesn't make sense or cents.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got the front and rear covers taken care of today. Installed the new valve springs. Measured for pushrods (stock I measured 7.350 and new I got 7.400). Temporarily installed the valve covers. Way too hot to do anymore.

Dirt dobber nest in the bowl.
You must be registered for see images attach

Filthy garage, clean valve covers. LOL

Donald Mitchell

1990 C1500 5.7L
Reaction score
Got the front and rear covers taken care of today. Installed the new valve springs. Measured for pushrods (stock I measured 7.350 and new I got 7.400). Temporarily installed the valve covers. Way too hot to do anymore.

Dirt dobber nest in the bowl.

Filthy garage, clean valve covers. LOL
Damn those dirt daubers!:mad:

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a 360/5.9 Magnum in my Grand Cherokee. I wouldn't have turned down a free one, but it's too late now.

I'm not losing any sleep over what people think/say about it. I'll just keep the hood closed. ;)