15x8 truck rally question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doober

Reaction score
235/75 will fit on an 8" wheel, but fits best on a 7" wheel. That's what the aluminum factory ones like most Burbs have (see my profile picture) are IIRC. Got Coopers on it 2 years ago, just regular truck tires, nothing fancy. They were a good deal at NTB. Got them after the front brakes and upper ball joints replacement and alignment. They've held up pretty well.

I would have to get a picture, but I believe I have a 235/75 on a 15x8 right now, is a very old spare tire (after my last experience I'll never run old tires again). I got a set of 15x8 van wheels for my '92 a good 10 years ago, and put 275/60s on them. There just isn't enough sidewall bulge with a 15x8 and 275/60 imo to run anything narrower. The old wheels were aftermarket, probably 15x7 because they were (I believe, been a while now) 225/75 and looked a smidge narrower than a stock 15x7 with 235/75. Looking at these original pics now makes me miss the paint on the hood/roof terribly.

I'm in the process of a 4/6 drop and several other small fixes to the truck, it hasn't been tagged since 2013, but it's time to revive the beast... it was originally a 4.3 but I built a 383 for it with Vortecs and a small cam, kept the TBI, and put about 20k miles on it before the trans took a dump, that's about the time it got parked. I put a few hundred miles on it afterwards with temporary registration, etc., but it hasn't been driven regularly in a long time.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach