A few questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RoyBob

Reaction score
Thanks in advance Old guy here And have a few questions Thanks

So i have decided to remove my 4/6 drop Its just not for me Going to stick with 2 inch in front and back 2 inches Just a not i will have the kit parts up for sale when iam done Its Belltech parts

So I have decided to Go with carb set up headers intake and every thing else i need to build old school,
My question when i do this I seen someplace my cruse control will not work and the a/c wont work Any info would be great I have no issue doing the required work but just asking Thanks RoyBob and will the Gauges work every thing works now and after the 4/6 removal Stayed with 2 inch front 2 inch rear Now i can pull a small Trailer with my motorcycles in it stayed with the 20" American Racing
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My question when i do this I seen someplace my cruse control will not work and the a/c wont work Any info would be great
Looks like an 88 or 89? If so, no problems as long as you hook up the cruise control cable to the carb. Without the original Throttle Body and ECM, you won't get auto idle adjustment when your compressor is commanded on. Otherwise it's controlled completely by the I.P.

FLGS400

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If it is an automatic, you may need to get a specific bracket for the carburetor connection to the TV cable, for the transmission. And I'm pretty sure the stock gauges operate independently of the fuel injection in the 88-94.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Howdy RoyBob, what problems are you having with the engine that have you wanting to make more problems for yourself?

I can understand wanting to un-do the drop, personally I would leave it alone, but I do understand drops aren't for everybody or every situation.

Richard

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it is an automatic, you may absolutely need to get a specific bracket for the carburetor connection to the TV cable, for the transmission.
I swapped a Holley Sniper onto my truck, and after burning up my transmission I learned that the TV cable geometry is not as forgivable as some people want to make it out to be. You will absolutely need to set it up correctly. I also highly recommend replacing the TV cable sleeve and plunger and setting the TV cable with the transmission pan off. Then check your transmission pressures before driving it.

Sonnax 77966-94K replacement TV cable sleeve and plunger

Sonnax AS404K Holley Throttle Arm Corrector.

Sonnax Holley Throttle Bracket for 700R4

Here's my thread on sorting out the TV cable adjustment.

RoyBob

Reaction score
Made a Big Summit Order $$$$ Ouch Just need more info on what wires to connect for the new HEI / Fuel pump circuit /
and any other wires. or tips I could use Has any one used the Flow master with 2 inlets and 2 outlets for the duel Exhaust seams like that would save some room Thanks Old Guy RoyBob ...