15x8 truck rally question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bustedknuckles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
found a set of 15x8 truck rallies with new 275 60 15 and 235 70 15 tires at a good deal. Any issues with this combo on 4/6 drop. Pic is example, not mine. Thanks
You must be registered for see images attach

BowtieJC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
if you use 2 inch spindles , the lowered part of the control arm will need trimmed and boxed, the wheel will rub the lower bottom of the control arm.

bustedknuckles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
if you use 2 inch spindles , the lowered part of the control arm will need trimmed and boxed, the wheel will rub the lower bottom of the control arm.

Yes 2" spindle and cut coil for 4" total.
I have seen where the gutter needs to be trimmed. Fronts are 235 70 15 and hoped they will stay within the fenders. The rears are 275 60 15 and same also. Stay within the side wheel well. I found these locally with new caps and new tires for $550. Just didnt want to waste money if its not right.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I ran a similar setup years ago and didn't trim the rails, or trim anything for that matter. Not that it would be a difference but ran a 275/60 on 8" rally....

bustedknuckles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I ran a similar setup years ago and didn't trim the rails, or trim anything for that matter. Not that it would be a difference but ran a 275/60 on 8" rally....

Thank you, I know everyone is probably tired of me asking question about doing the drop and what size wheels and tires to go with. But I just want to be right the first time around. Plus I have things going on in my life that makes it really hard for me to stay focused. Working just gives me a little escape for a bit and j really dont want anything to go wrong and I just dont need anything more on me right now.
I just dont want to waste that kind of money and they not work. I was hoping someone had a similar setup that could give me advise on it. Thank you so much and have a great evening.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh I hear yah doing something only once, I'm in the same boat. I have a 98 2wd 4 door tahoe that Im gonna be putting some C5 vette wheels on, ordered adaptors, be here tomorrow, but not 100% if they gonna be the right fit. I don't have the money to be dropping money on parts only to have them not fit or the wrong size. Im also working on a 4 door lifted 4wd Yukon, so money is tight, not to mention everyday bills. Those shocks should work, says for lowered trucks....

Bone Shaker

Reaction score
I ran the stock 94 wheels and tires for awhile ( trips back and fourth to the body shop). They will definitely scrub the a frames. Mine was so bad it would spin the back tires if turned much at all. I run 18 on front now..... no problem. Be careful you may have to roll your inner fender lips on the front. Good luck and just bite the bullet and go for it