14bolt Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
A guy near me is selling this rearend, 14bolt (corp he says) 6 bolt hubs.

You must be registered for see images

will it bolt right up?
is that just an open diff in there?
it has 4.11 gears, i have 3.73 how bad is it to swap the front gears in these trucks?

I'll post some more pics

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
A guy near me is selling this rearend, 14bolt (corp he says) 6 bolt hubs.

You must be registered for see images

will it bolt right up?
is that just an open diff in there?
it has 4.11 gears, i have 3.73 how bad is it to swap the front gears in these trucks?

I'll post some more pics
that has 3:73 in it according to the stamping on the ring gear 41-11 is 11 tooth pinion and 41 tooth ring which is 3.727 ratio

will bolt up for the most part but you may need a conversion joint and the ubolt plates that fit that axle size, the 10 bolt plates are too small

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
Your right, my gears now have that same stamping. that would save me from having to mess with any gears, If a joint/plate is all i'd need i think I may go for it.

anyone know if thats just an open diff? if so a lockright would be the easiest locker for it wouldnt it?

Also is this axle a little wider hub to hub or the same as the stock 10 bolt?

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
that is a governor loc diff not a open

since it is from a 4x4 it should be just as wide as the 10 bolt you have now

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
Now its coming back to me, what would the chances the locker still working properly be? I know the 14 bolt G80's are alot better than the 10's but would I just be better spending my $ on a new locker in the 10bolt?

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
I'd put it in as-is. If you need the u-bolt plates, I did a flip when I put in the lift block, so I have a pair of them that I have no need for. I'll send em for shipping cost.

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
the 9.5 g80 is far better than the 10 bolt , the 454ss had the same unit and they hold up fairly well, you would be fine within reason.

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
the 9.5 g80 is far better than the 10 bolt , the 454ss had the same unit and they hold up fairly well, you would be fine within reason.

Thanks, I found another 14bolt truck and what the glovebox says is GT5 (4.10 gears) and no locker/G80 code its a light 3/4 so the front diff should work im my truck.. might be a cheap regear and a good option to put a lockright in. Then I should never have to touch it again.
And thanks Wagonbacker i'll let you know if I need them, I've thought about doing the flip as well, where did you find the u-bolts for it? I ended up ordering a lift block kit to get the bolts I have now.

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
Heh.. my Ubolts came from the lift kit as well, and I bought the flip plates from BTF.