14 bolt FF

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
anyone have dimensions for all 14 bolt lengths. Hopin g to pick up a 4.10 locked 14 bolt but the guy doesnt now what year it was from, he bought it had it built and made it fit his crawler. went under rebuild before he parted the truck out and i figure for 150 bucks regardless of year its a good score, although id like to use it since my 10 bolt isnt cutting it anymore, ill just stay off freeways until i can get 3.73s in it.

also anyone recommend a good disc swap for a 14 bolt as well?

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
ive checked the bible, i dont want to be moving spring perches or mounts, im gonna need something soon so that means buy it check it out, change fluids and brakes and all that and put it under mine with new lines and spring bolts and such.

bluedxj

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
then your gona need one out of a gmt400. all the older stuff your gona have to move perches. have you looked into semi floating 14 bolts?

4thesporty

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just pick up the axle and drive to your local welder to measure your current axle and match up spacings on spring perches and shock mounts. Shouldn't be much more than $50, unless you have the ability to do it at home, of course. Then it's an easy, cheap swap.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
i could do it at work, but i dont want to be there dyring hours let alone after lol. i dont have a truck to haul around a rear end that large either. and if the older styles are wider, my tires will stick out even more thats why id like to find a perch-perch or wms-wms measurement.

bluedxj

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
as long as it comes out of a single rear wheel pickup truck its gona be the right wms width. and if you dont have a truck to put it in that might be a deal breaker the 14 bolt ff is a heavy beafy rear end i think it weighs 500 lbs. i had to use a cherry picker to load and unload mine.