12200411 PCM swap for 1996 to 2000 GMT400 trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just get a 0411 pin out print out and get one for your black box and follow the circuit numbers

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Has anyone had ABS problems after the 0411 swap?

We-ellll. . . the first truck I swapped had an ABS delete (TBI rear prop valve and lines) and the 2nd still has an inop ABS system due to an open wheel speed sensor, but I don't see how it should be affected. I'd have to peep the schematics to see what all the abs pump gets, but the PCM outputs a conditioned VSS signal for the radio, ABS, speedo, and whatever else wants it. The 411 puts out the same ~40k PPM signal as the blackbox, so no problems there.

Reluctanse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Has anyone had ABS problems after the 0411 swap?
What kind of issues? I had to make adjustments to the ABS tables in the speedo section in HPTuners to get the ABS light cleared, but other than that little tweaking to get the speedo correct, I didn’t have trouble after that.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
I didn't have a single problem with mine in my 97... It just worked. Did a crank relearn and drove it with the van tune for two years before digging into HPTuners with it.

Scottm

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I first had problems bleeding it the 2-man old fashioned way, but I think that's resolved with a bench bleed of the master. The book says you need a scanner like a Tech 2 to fully bleed it, so I borrowed a Snapon 2500 scanner. It said all kinds of contradictory things, like all wheel sensors are open circuit, then it's unable to communicate with the abs, and finally that the Abs is disabled, but the truck is still drivable. I emailed Black Bear to see if maybe my program has abs disabled but i haven't heard back yet. Is that possible?

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you programming the scan tool to read data from the proper vehicle? Which, with a computer swap, may be the vehicle the computer came from instead of the vehicle it went into.