Electrical problems after 0411 PCM install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alex7295

Reaction score
Hey y'all. Was wondering if anyone has ever had issues with their charging systems after doing an 0411 pcm swap in the 96 & up vortec trucks? Everything runs correctly and the pcm operates as normal but it sets a generator "L" and "F" terminal circuit codes and doesn't seem to charge properly. Before with the stock computer the truck would charge at 14.5 volts, now its around 12.9 to 13.2 volts when charging.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
A 96 doesn't have those terminals, so if you didn't turn that option off in the tune then yeah you gonna throw those codes. Since the PCM was never in the loop as to what the alternator is doing, I can't see why it'd act any different now than before.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How many wires are in your OE alternator regulator connector? Most are one, but I have seen some GMT400s with 3 or 4 wires and OE PCM control of the alternator. My late production 99 Tahoe LT had PCM control. Were the any left over wires in the OE PCM connectors not accounted for in the 0411 swap wiring?

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
How many wires are in your OE alternator regulator connector? Most are one, but I have seen some GMT400s with 3 or 4 wires and OE PCM control of the alternator. My late production 99 Tahoe LT had PCM control. Were the any left over wires in the OE PCM connectors not accounted for in the 0411 swap wiring?

98-00 had alternator control.