12200411 PCM swap for 1996 to 2000 GMT400 trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scottm

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So another question. My truck is a 97 L29. The egr is one of several items that are powered by the ENG-1 fuse under the hood. The Lex sheet says to cut the egr connection to the ENG-1 circuit and cap off the hot end. Then run a new wire from the egr to pin C2-7 on the 0411. Does that mean C2-7 becomes a positive voltage output, just for the egr motor? Why not leave it wired to the ENG-1 fuse circuit? I contacted lex and he's not sure anymore.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
So another question. My truck is a 97 L29. The egr is one of several items that are powered by the ENG-1 fuse under the hood. The Lex sheet says to cut the egr connection to the ENG-1 circuit and cap off the hot end. Then run a new wire from the egr to pin C2-7 on the 0411. Does that mean C2-7 becomes a positive voltage output, just for the egr motor? Why not leave it wired to the ENG-1 fuse circuit? I contacted lex and he's not sure anymore.

Just follow what the sheet says. The 411 does EGR differently than the blackbox. If you just pin it in and go the truck will run like crap if you're trying to keep the EGR functional.

Scottm

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I saw posts a long time ago about finding a spare output on the 0411 to work a radiator fan relay. Has that been figured out?

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I saw posts a long time ago about finding a spare output on the 0411 to work a radiator fan relay. Has that been figured out?

It's not a spare output, it's an existing feature. How it works can vary based on OS, but mine runs a MKVIII e-fan on my 1500 and the factory aux pusher on my dually.

Scottm

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah my dually has the pusher fan too. I guess you could power a second relay with the same output for a rad fan, but might there be another that could be used independently?

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah my dually has the pusher fan too. I guess you could power a second relay with the same output for a rad fan, but might there be another that could be used independently?

I have the option of an aux fan, parallel fans, and something else that escapes me. There's not much you can't do fan-wise with the 411.

Scottm

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am finishing the details on my 411 swap. It has two fan outputs, blue-42 runs the pusher, and red-33 comes on if temps continue to rise. Black bear enabled it, but I don't know when it's supposed to come on. Also the fan relay outputs are actually grounding, right? So +12 volts go to the relay coil and the ecm completes the ground.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I am finishing the details on my 411 swap. It has two fan outputs, blue-42 runs the pusher, and red-33 comes on if temps continue to rise. Black bear enabled it, but I don't know when it's supposed to come on. Also the fan relay outputs are actually grounding, right? So +12 volts go to the relay coil and the ecm completes the ground.

Correct. BB can tell you the temps for those fans, I'd be curious on the second. The pusher should come on with AC as well regardless of temp.

pacobtown336

Reaction score
I have a 1997 chevy tahoe 5.7l 4wd wanting to swap the black box for the 0411. How do I get the rep in and more info about it?
Email is [email protected]
And also does anyone knows if I could purchased the 0411 already programed?

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 1997 chevy tahoe 5.7l 4wd wanting to swap the black box for the 0411. How do I get the rep in and more info about it?
Email is [email protected]
And also does anyone knows if I could purchased the 0411 already programed?