Yo what's up obs peeps!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gonzo406

Reaction score
After trolling around the site for a while and implementing some badass info I've picked up from you guys I figured it was time to join and thank all the members that have helped me. As well as showing off my new (to me) dd.
Took me a while to find a unmolested, auto, 2wd scsb with a L31 in decent condition. Hours of CL browsing finally yielded what I was looking for (almost). Truck had some racing stripes, and vinyl pin stripes that I wasn't a fan of and a set of wheels that I did not care for.
You must be registered for see images attach
1st things 1st. Off came the racing stripes, pin stripes, dented up wheel well aluminum trim, and wheels were replaced with a set of staggered Pacers.
Next came a tailgate banner courtesy of LMC

I picked up a couple overhead consoles at the junkyard. 1st one was in decent condition but was missing a door and 2nd was pretty beat up but it had a HomeLink transmitter so for $20 I brought both home and made one complete console with both, plus I have extra parts like dome lights, buttons, etc. The carpet trim on the console was the wrong color so I ripped it off, scraped off the adhesive that held the carpet to the plastic trim and painted it gray. Yeah I know one of the doors is the wrong color. I will fix it once I find the correct color door.

I then found a thread on installing a compass/temp rear view mirror and thought to myself "I need it!" I found what I was looking for at the local junkyard. Picked up the mirror, pigtail, and sensor and wired up that ****

Next on the list is replacing the dumped exhaust with duals straight out the back, 5% tint, rear disc conversion, cal trac bars, 2" rear drop and air helper springs for when I tow. Once the 175k 350 gives up I plan on swapping in a HT383E and doing the tranny at the same time. Not looking to build a race truck here just a nice, reliable driver. I figured the GM built replacement 383 will suffice and the extra power will come in handy for when I occasionally hook up the trailer to it. Passenger rear corner is a little beat up so I'm considering a 2 tone white and tan paint job like you see on some of the extended cabs where the rockers are painted tan when I get it fixed but idk yet. I think my Z gets jealous of the truck but it's my dd so it gets priority. I can't help myself! I love this truck! But that's it for now

Last edited:

Gonzo406

Reaction score
Thanks for warm welcome! I've since added steering wheel controls from a Bravada with a Chevy airbag and added a axxess aswc-1 interface to allow the controls to work my aftermarket head unit. I'm think I've done about as much to the interior as I can without it feeling it too cluttered. I'm a firm believer in something being "overdone" and it's usually a fine line between just enough and too much so on to some exterior/ suspension/ brake mods now

Curt

Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! I love the progress on the truck! Keep it up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk