xXxPARAGONxXx’s 1999 Chevrolet K2500 Crew Cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
This is true, except we have to “go to town” for anything bigger than a dollar store.

The Napa auto parts is also a feed store, hardware, lumber and equipment rental if that tells you anything about the area :rotflmao:
Yup sounds like Lexington where my cousin lives. If you want some things, you can get them there, but otherwise you go to Giddings which is 20 miles away. Where my aunt and uncle used to live, in Cedar Creek, was even more that way, till the dollar store and a large convenience store came in a few years ago. You had to go to Bastrop, Lockhart or Austin ( and if it was Austin, you did everything you needed to there and made a day of it).

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The screw on the J-36598 will pull the outer pinion bearing cup out of the bore by pulling the J-36598-5 out. This is how the J-36598-5 it is situated in the bore before I insert the screw.

You must be registered for see images attach

There are ridges on the J-36598-5 that will grasp the cup as it is pulled out.

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, rather than pulling the inner pinion bearing cup out, the J-36598-5 is also made so it can PUSH the inner pinion bearing cup out, through the opposite end of the pinion gear bore.

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are the fingers spring loaded? I guess they’re for alignment
Yes, they are. Actually not only for alignment, but to allow the tool to be used for the dual purpose of removing both cups, since the bore diameter is different at each cup point. The spring-loaded fingers allow the tool to squeeze into the much narrower area around the outer pinion cup.

On the other hand, at the inner pinion cup, the spring-loaded fingers spring out into two 180-degree apart grooves machined into the axle housing, where they can grip the inner pinion bearing cup.