xXxPARAGONxXx’s 1999 Chevrolet K2500 Crew Cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Do you have one of these yet?
Nah, I do have to get a pinion flange holder. I'm probably going with the Kent-Moore one though. It might be a few months. It's also a pretty penny.

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s really odd that the pilot bar wouldn’t be long enough, there’s probably just as many GM diffs as there are jeep diffs lol
Tell me about it. I tried flipping the bar and it doesn't really work the other way. :shrugs:

Maybe it's more designed for the GM rear end differentials.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well if it means anything, that massive brand is a us company. I called them trying to see if it would fit a Dana 27 and the lady walked out in the shop and handed the phone to a grumpy mechanic for me to talk too :Big Laugh:

It came in a nice foam padded, purple, case and a 1” by maybe 3’ pipe. And a toolbox sticker.

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heck yea! :headbang:
That's what I'm talkin' about. I did it with a plan, not haphazardly. Like you said, support the other side of the case. I also applied a good amount of heat with the heat gun. And I took my time setting up the press to ensure everything was as straight as possible as it was pressed out. A good plan and a good outcome. :cheers:

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s awesome! Man I’m glad that worked out!

Throw the replacement ring in the freezer the night before reinstalling (or liquid nitrogen if youre more of a scientific mechanic) :Big Laugh:

A good press is on my list of shop needs, you can get away with more from an evenly applied pressure than you can with the impact of a large blunt object

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well if it means anything, that massive brand is a us company. I called them trying to see if it would fit a Dana 27 and the lady walked out in the shop and handed the phone to a grumpy mechanic for me to talk too :Big Laugh:

It came in a nice foam padded, purple, case and a 1” by maybe 3’ pipe. And a toolbox sticker.
How heavy duty...how good is it? How many times have you put it through the trials?