xXxPARAGONxXx’s 1999 Chevrolet K2500 Crew Cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How heavy duty...how good is it? How many times have you put it through the trials?
Oh it’s a serious piece, like 3/8 plate or something. I’ve used it in 2 differentials, multiple times per diff (like 8-10 each) I’m not a master diff builder so I had to take the pinion out a whole bunch of times to get the right shim pack setup. I don’t remember the torque number, but it was enough I had to have somebody else hold the handle on the tool while I pulled the torque wrench with both hands. There’s not a mark or any kind of deformity, not even in the pipe handle they sent.

I had previously made a rudimentary holder from some 2x2 1/4” angle iron and bent that and broke several bolts trying to reach the torque needed.

I’m kind of a tool snob and I’m happy to have it in my box. I’ll get some actual photos when I go to the shop if you want.

Orpedcrow

Supporting Member
Reaction score
THICCCCCCC

Do you work at an independent repair shop or a dealership?
Currently independent/contractor/fleet manager. But have been in almost every part of the automotive business through the years. I’m fortunate to have found a local business owner (and friend) that has a fleet of trucks, plus a fleet of personal stuff. He’s a car guy but not a mechanic.

And I can see the shop from my house…

Orpedcrow

Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's in one of those little bitty towns in East Texas where nothing is very far from anything else....
This is true, except we have to “go to town” for anything bigger than a dollar store.

The Napa auto parts is also a feed store, hardware, lumber and equipment rental if that tells you anything about the area :rotflmao: