xXxPARAGONxXx’s 1999 Chevrolet K2500 Crew Cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you sourced all the bearings yet? Timken/KOYO?
I bought a couple of the needle bearings and a few other parts. Will probably be buying the rest over the next couple of weeks. Now that I have everything disassembled, next step is to clean everything inside and out, probably this weekend. Don't have that much time on a weekday evening.

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will say that I have reconsidered removing the side bearing cup from the adjuster sleeve. I searched a bit and found a puller attachment that just might work: OTC 7929A.

You must be registered for see images attach

I'll see in a few days. I would rather invest the money in a tool rather than a replacement part.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder if you could get a regular gear puller finger in there, if you’ve got one. Maybe a little massaging with a grinder lol

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder if you could get a regular gear puller finger in there, if you’ve got one. Maybe a little massaging with a grinder lol

I got quite a few but all too thick. I don't have any grinders, but I'd rather just find a tool that can do it without modification, if it's out there. I'll know in a few days. I have a feeling I can get them in there. :crosses fingers:

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OTC puller attachment came in today, much earlier than expected. Attachments are still too wide, by a smidge, so I took a die grinder with medium grit Roloc disc to one side of each puller, just enough for them to fit. Hardly took any material off.