XJ Steering Shaft Upgrade (88-94 Trucks) 95+instructions on page 31

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HIGH BOWTIE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I hope I can do it. I'd love to be able to tighten my steering up. If I can't it's somethin I'm already used to. I can still turn my wheel with one finger but a tighter wheel would be great.

shelbyt.67

Weirdo
Reaction score
Reread the first post and the first two pages. There are links to 97+ mods and posts affirming use on body lifts. I updated the original post to reflect the use of Grand Cherokee, Limited and Astro van shafts.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Finally snatched one at the yard today. Out of a 94 Cherokee. Hopefully this week I can take it into work and work it over with the torch, have my kid paint it and install it next weekend.

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I really don't get this mod. if your replace the box and related parts you should be good as new. the new box and rebuilt front end in my 97 at 185000 made it tight as ever, nice easy steering and no slop. ive driven quite a few of these trucks when they were new and they were nice and tight, rebuilding them makes them as new.