XJ Steering Shaft Upgrade (88-94 Trucks) 95+instructions on page 31

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
the astro shafts and xj shafts are almost the same the xj's have bigger ujoints and are longer which are needed for a truck, the astro shafts also have an isolater that helps damper some vibrations and are very common on thirdgen fbodys as a modification.

Tomcat71

Tomcat Fixer
Reaction score
Mine come from full size 1500 vans, the astro shafts are open and have been exposed to dirt and grit their whole life.

HIGH BOWTIE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
read up to 10 pages on here but can I still do the jeep cheroke shaft on mine with 3 inch bl? tryin to feel these 38s a little more and everyone says its the best mod they have done to there truck.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
????info said up to 96 and I read in the first couple pages this mod can be done on 96s no problem??? or are you talking about becuz of my bl?

Some tahoes and yukons it wont work on in 96 most pickups yes......it all depends on which steering shaft your truck came with.

Sent from somewhere in MN

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
There is one year where it stops. There should be another link at the bottom of the first post for those other years.

HIGH BOWTIE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright I'll take a pic tomorrow and post it and y'all let me know if I can do this mod

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
i tihk the first post needs to be updated with the limits and restrictions if i can be used with a body lift etc etc.

i knew 95+ some where iffy, id rather be skeptical than tell you yea itll work. the body lift shouldnt be a problem though