Writeup: Intake Resonator Removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I have three cars lol.

And come to think of it, I really don't see how there would be any drawbacks. I've run open intakes with exposed filters before, and this wouldn't be any different (other than the fact it's a cheapo paper filter)

If you remove the box top, invest in a oiled filter. (K&N) They do tend to get dirtier faster without the top

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
Not much of a difference, but when you put the hammer down it's a bit louder. I didn't take the lid off the intake box, I just removed the silencer and capped the hole. Truck is bone stock, paper air filter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADAp-VTwRVM

I was thinking something was different about the way your truck shifted.... Then I saw the cluster ;)

Playare

Enter Custom User Title:
Reaction score
Finally did mine! Nothing spectacular from the V6 lol but I like it. Sound clip soon!

Also, could just be me but it feels a tiny bit more powerful.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Hehe, yeah, it probably smooths out the airflow a bit. The ultimate fix would be to either cut and replace it with a smooth piece of tube, or remove it and glass in a curved circle of material to match the curve of interior of pipe. You could also probably cut off the extra plastic then use a pipe joining wrap(like a tubular shaped clamp) and put over that section.